The eCommerce Content Specialist will be responsible for updating and maintaining product and brand content on Mybobs.com, while ensuring a seamless experience across channels through cohesive merchandising and messaging strategies. You will play a key role in maintaining managed content, supporting personalization efforts, and articulating the product and category story to drive engagement, conversion and an optimal user experience.
Reporting to the eCommerce Merchandising Manager, this specialist plays a critical role in the success of our fast-growing ecommerce channel, helping to drive sales, brand identity, customer satisfaction, and omnichannel goals.
You will focus on ensuring high quality results while meeting ambitious deadlines, leveraging understanding of cross-functional business objectives, data and market trends. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast paced, multi-faceted and dynamic environment.
- Play key role in tactical execution of content strategy on Mybobs.com
- Write copy that embodies the brand, captures the product and category story and supports SEO efforts for product descriptions and special content
- Maintain managed content areas on mybobs.com via eCommerce Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Collaborate with eCommerce, Creative, UX and IT partners to ensure content management planning is consistent with project milestones and timelines
- Maintain Store Listings and FAQs working closely with CX team to educate and empower the customer
- Adherence to ADA guidelines for managed content areas
- Support cross-functional product reviews strategy, serving as a key stakeholder and point person for maintaining and moderating product reviews within the platform
- Utilize site analytics enabling data-driven decisions about product placement and presentation to drive conversion and AOV
- Influence content creation and personalization efforts with data, analytics, competitive analysis and knowledge of best practices for a digital user experience for retail
- Maintain and merchandise the online product catalog via data-entry directly in the eCommerce Content Management System
- Optimize presentation of products and product information based on customer and competitive insights and strategic goals
- Play a key role in growing the Direct Ship program
Continuous Improvement & Optimization
- Optimize content management tactics and workflows to drive operational efficiencies
- Perform competitive and industry research to understand consumer needs, emerging trends and best-in-class eCommerce content
- Support special projects
- Support testing and implementation of system features and defect resolution
Training & Adoption
- Collaborate with Marketing, Merchandising, IT, Customer Experience, Store Operations, Customer Care, and external vendor partners to drive a best-in-class ecommerce experience, sales, operational efficiencies, and other KPIs
- Participate in education/training sessions for the Content Management System
- Create and maintain procedural documentation and train fellow eCommerce Content Specialists
- Expertise: 1+ years experience in eCommerce, online Merchandising, or Digital Content Creation, preferably in Home Furnishings industry
- Digital-first: Tech-savvy with curiosity and enthusiasm for digital and media trends
- Driven: Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, meet tight deadlines and work independently (including remote work)
- Copywriting: Excellent copywriting skills, with emphasis on creating product stories and product marketing
- Multi-tasker: Able to accommodate flexible work schedule during critical business periods
- Bookworm: Minimum Bachelor's Degree in eCommerce, Communications, Digital Content Creation, Merchandising, Marketing or equivalent field
- Detail-oriented: Detail and results-oriented with a strong work ethic while having excellent organizational and communication skills
- Achievement-focused: Energetic and highly productive with a positive attitude and passion for style, merchandising and ecommerce
- Creative: Keen eye for style and design with ability to understand and employ best practices for user experience and interaction, content, website navigation and hierarchy
- Tooled-up: Experience with eCommerce Content Management systems preferred; Bloomreach experience a plus; SAP Hybris PCM experience plus a working knowledge of SEO principles and basic HTML skills
It is policy of Bob's Discount Furniture, Inc., to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. No person shall be discriminated against or harassed because of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, citizenship, veteran or military status, or any other protected status in accordance with federal, state or local law.
If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Apply on company website