Do you considered yourself a people's person? Are you ready to start your career in leadership in a challenging fast pace environment? Are you ready to put your amazing coaching and leadership skills to the test?
At Bob's Discount Furniture we have fun, we love what we do, and we are looking for an energetic, driven, goal oriented Manager to add to our team of Leaders!
The Manager ensures that all operations conducted within their department complies with the performance and safety standards set by Bob's Discount Furniture for both personnel and product. This position manages the daily tasks and work assignments for leads and front line employees.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Lead teams of employees: personnel issues such as hiring, training and discipline of staff
- Responsible for the planning, daily administration and general management of issues including the day to day supervision of staff and overseeing work organized by other team supervisors and leaders (direct reports)
- Oversee the safe receipt, storage and inventory integrity of all goods and plan for daily and future capacity fluctuations (increases and decreases)
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance and progress of Department and provide regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly or monthly basis
- Ensure the productivity, quality and budget targets are established, met and maintained
- Fulfilling other objectives and directions from the Operations/Corporate headquarters as assigned
- Facilitates the documentation, distribution, implementation and updating of Receiving Operations “Best Practice” SOP's
- Plan and maintain the storage/arrangement of goods within the racks and floor locations in a safe manner
- Evaluate staff and complete annual reviews in a timely manner
- Communicates with Managers and DC personnel as needed regarding personnel and operational issues
- Supervises the completion of all daily and End of Day (EOD) tasks and performs other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience leading teams
- Proven coaching/leadership skills
- Strong verbal/written communication, management and organizational skills
- Skilled at multi-tasking and managing competing priorities
- Working knowledge of Windows Applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Detail oriented and accurate
- Demonstrated ability to quickly recognize and diagnose trend and patterns in transactional data
- Must be able to work flexible hours determined by the needs of the department including some weekends and evenings
THE PERKS AND BENEFITS WE WILL OFFER YOU
- Career advancement including tuition reimbursement
- Fun, dynamic environment, with a management team focused on your growth
- We offer National Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life insurance – Employer paid basic Life Insurance, with the option to add Voluntary Life Insurance as well!
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan – Generous Company match!
- Paid Vacation, Personal/Sick Days, Holidays and your Birthday!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Our prices are already low, but why not more! Generous Employee Discount on our Furniture!
- And much more!
- Many of our benefits are paid wholly or in part by Bob's Discount Furniture and are available to eligible employees.
Bob's Discount Furniture is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to reasonably accommodating qualified persons with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential duties of their position.
Apply on company website