The purpose of this position is to support the new process development inside Demand Planning related to gross margin improvement and enhance cross functional communication for margin reporting. This role will be responsible for analysis of BDF's omni-channel margins, and relationships between the channels. This position will execute deep dive analysis on gross margin to help grow company's overall profitability. This role requires strong relationships with Merchandising, Replenishment, Supply Chain, Business Intelligence, and Finance teams to help translate gross margin and outlet strategic direction. In this role you'll plan and analyze gross margin along with communicating hits, misses and go-forward strategies. Additionally this role will partner with the merchants to review the current outlet strategy and help to develop a process and action plan for sales and profit improvement.
Problem solving and ability to develop relationships that deliver results across cross functional teams are key strengths needed to succeed in this role. Various research and analytical skills will be essential for success in this role, including synthesizing large data sets into meaningful results and strategies, excellence in data management, report building, deep learning of planning systems, and creative problem solving across functional areas.
- Communicate with multiple departments and team members on merchandise sales and margin trends to identify business opportunities and execute strategies to achieve business objectives and maximize sales and profitability.
- Visual and business acumen to process map large sets of data
- Work with department heads to analyze existing systems and create new workflows and processes.
- Provides insight into gross margin data and reporting. Forecasts and tracks success of newly implemented projects/initiatives, opportunity areas and potential liabilities.
- Design both recurring and ad hoc reporting and analysis on key business metrics. Present findings in a clear and actionable form.
- Support planning projects through the development of action focused solutions based on analysis.
- Conduct analysis and gather comparable product information to recommend retails and margin
- Establish and implement margin reviews and recommend pricing structure strategies to ensure margin requirements are met.
- Responsible for understanding and analyzing the key drivers of margin performance related to merchandise and assortment mix. Deep understanding of product mix and rate variances will be at the core of this research.
- Bachelor's degree (5+ years of relative work experience). Minimum 3 years of experience in a planning or finance function, preferably in Retail
- Strong business and financial analytical and quantitative skills; highly proficient with MS Excel
- Visual business acumen to process map large sets of data
- Strong communication skills including the ability to work in a team environment, translate data findings into clear and concise strategies, and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Ability to learn new systems quickly and leverage systems and information to influence others
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
- Ability to work with data from multiple sources and interpret the data to provide actionable conclusions
- Strong organizational skills , motivated , and meets deadlines
- Strong business acumen and problem solving ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across the organization
- Analyst experience in the retail industry
- Tools: Power BI, ERP solutions, SO99, and Integrated Supply Chain planning solutions
Bob's Discount Furniture is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to reasonably accommodating qualified persons with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential duties of their position.
Apply on company website