The Brink's name is a promise to respect the trust we've earned in over 150 years in business. Every employee honors that promise by offering the highest levels of service and support to our customers. We take pride in our work, and we share a passion about our future. Learn why so many people have made the choice to join our team – and stay here.
Job TitleDiesel Mechanic/Technician - Starting at $30/hour
Pay rate: $30/hour FULL-TIME
Who We Are:
Brink's U.S., a division of Brink's, Incorporated, is the premier provider of armored car transportation, currency and coin processing, ATM servicing and other value added services to financial institutions, retailers and other commercial and government entities. The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for a Diesel Service Technician/Mechanic.
Who You Are:
You are interested in being a part of the team that is THE premier provider of armored car services in the world. Banks and businesses rely on us to keep finance moving and we take pride in the keeping our fleet of armored vehicles on the road and running in top form. At Brinks, we don't just keep trucks operational, we keep armored trucks operational and at the top of the safety spectrum for our team members, customers, and the commerce of our country.
The Diesel Service Technician/Mechanic:
In branch locations around the world, our Diesel Service Technician/Mechanics are troubleshooting, diagnosing and maintaining all fleet vehicles at the branch level. Our technicians maintain the safety of our team members and the movement of money across the US in their capable hands. We do it because it makes us proud - #BrinksProud. Additional responsibilities include:
- Guard the safety of our team members, armored vehicles, and liability at all times
- Inspect, repair, maintain and test vehicles & equipment at prescribed maintenance intervals of mileage, time and usage or upon malfunction or breakdown
- Inspect, test and align truck, van and light-duty equipment lights and to maintain electrical systems and controls
- Maintain and repair various vehicle components including: transmission and drive train; steering, suspension and frame; cab heating and air conditioning; engine fuel and exhaust system; and brakes, braking systems, engines and all related chassis components
- Maintain and repair truck accessories
- Maintain and repair trailers and their components
- Adjust equipment to standards set by state or federal DOT for motor vehicle inspection and safety standards
- Disassemble, inspect and replace worn parts as required. Fit and adjust new or repaired parts
- Check fluid levels, lubricate and perform services following company preventive maintenance schedules and guidelines
- Test drives equipment as required - mandatory after all safety related repairs
- Complete repair orders for all vehicles or equipment worked on daily
- Maintain parts inventory levels as determined by Regional Fleet Supervisor and data entry department
The Qualifications You Must Have:
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Completed education/schooling in an accredited trade school OR 3 years hands-on experience working on vehicles in a repair facility
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a CDL B license with the proper endorsements as needed. (I.E: Air Brake Endorsement) Class B license must be obtained within 90 days of hire date.
- Branches that have Tractor Trailers will require that the service technician have a Class A CDL with air brake endorsement
- Ability to use gauges, drills, grinders, measuring devices or other specialized equipment as needed
- Satisfy all applicable Department of Transportation requirements
- Must be able to maintain a valid Driver's License in the state that the employee resides
- Must maintain a valid A/C Certification and Air Brake Certification
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
The Additional Qualifications We Prefer:
- Preference is given to ASC Master Technicians
- Experience working on heavy-duty vehicles
- Military background
Some Perks For You:
- A strong, team-oriented culture
- The strength and stability of our 160+ year history
- Robust internal growth potential
- Some uniform and protective equipment provided
- Insurance: including health, dental, and life (full time only)
- 401K with company match (full time only)
- Paid Time Off (full time only)
A Career Worth Building:
At Brink's, we value our team members and offer our Diesel Service Technician/Mechanics a fast-paced work environment. We invest in growth and opportunity by providing world-class training. We also believe in cross-training our team members in order to ensure diverse skillsets and to promote the internal growth of our team members.
Upon completion of the application process (including the pre-hire questionnaire), you will receive an email confirming that we have received your application. We will review all candidates and will reach out to you directly should this role match your credentials. Thank you again for your interest in a career at Brink's U.S. For more information about future career opportunities, join our talent network, like our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter.
You deserve the best! Discover what it's like to be #BrinksProud – complete the application to be considered for a Brink's Team near you!
Brink's is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or history or any other characteristic protected by law. Brink's is also committed to providing a drug free workplace.About Brink's
Brink's is the global leader in security and logistics services, trusted by banks, financial institutions and businesses in both public and private sectors. We deliver the currency of the world to businesses in our communities. We do it because we're needed. We do it because we're trusted and valued. We do it because it makes us proud. Brink's Proud.
Thank you for considering applying for a job at Brink's U.S. To be considered for this position, you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature.
Brink's COVID-19 Protocol
It is an essential job requirement for new hires in field positions to be fully vaccinated by your first day of employment and partially vaccinated new hires to become fully vaccinated at or within 30 days of your first day of employment. Limited exceptions to this requirement may be available for approved religious or medical reasons, or any other recognized legal exception, to the extent required under applicable law. Please tell your Recruiter if you need to speak with the HR Manager.
Upon completion of the application process, you will receive an email confirming that we have received your application. We will review all candidates and notify you of your status should we deem you fit for a job. Thank you again for your interest in a career at Brink's U.S. For more information about future career opportunities, join our talent network, Like our Facebook page or Follow us on Twitter.
Brink's is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or history or any other characteristic protected by law. Brink's is also committed to providing a drug free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website