Application Support Specialist - Public Safety Technology
Computing and Information Services
This position directly supports the technology needs of Brown University's Department of Public Safety, a sworn, fully-functioning law enforcement agency operating 24/7 to protect and serve the Brown community. The Application Support Specialist works with the Senior Application Support Specialist in administering the suite of Applications, Security Systems, and Public Safety Technology across the University.
The Application Support Specialist position is focused on the Access Control System. This position will handle Access Control Requests and gain an understanding of the various requests received day-to-day. This involves monitoring the Access Control Request queue, answering phone calls, assisting in staffing at the Public Safety Technology Office during the workday to address scheduled appointments, and at times, providing basic troubleshooting to include but not limited to card reader replacements. The position will then use that understanding to move forward several access control projects. These projects include deploying the Self-Service Access Control & Reporting Portal to provide self-service abilities to the University; reducing the number of Access Control Requests manually processed. The position will also assist in further partnering with other internal teams to improve application integration and automation with other University Core Systems.
The Application Support Specialist will also assist in the administration of the other Application Suites. These suites includes Access Control Systems, IP Video Security Systems, License Plate Recognition Systems, Computer-Aided Dispatch Software, Incident Reporting/Records Management Software, Mobile Data Systems, and Communication Dispatch Systems.
While supporting the Applications, Security Systems, and Public Safety Technology, the Application Support Specialist will look to evaluate existing systems, make recommendations for improvements, streamline processes and procedures, and serve as a resource to technical and non-technical users of these applications. All tasks shall be performed in accordance to best practices, Public Safety Technology SOPs and Design Standards.
Application Support Specialists are required to participate in an on-call rotation schedule. While on-call, specialists must be available to answer calls/emails after normal working hours and on weekend/holidays depending on the rotation order. This position requires flexible hours, including days, nights, and weekend.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience with application support or administration to include some of the following:
- Enterprise Public Safety Systems
- Public Safety Application Suites
- Public Safety Technology
- Security Systems
- The following application support or administration experience is preferred but not required:
- IMC TriTech Law Enforcement Suite
- NICE 911 Recording Suite or equivalent
- Zetron Communication Solution or equivalent
- Software House - CCURE 9000
- VMS Systems such as Exacqvision or Genetec Security Center
- The following certifications preferred:
- Software House - CCURE 9000 Certified
- Application support/administration abilities to troubleshoot, support, and maintain critical application suites/hardware/software components supporting a 24x7 operation.
- Strong problem solving skills, organizational skills, and be able manage projects to meet profitability and quality standards.
- Ability to plan and monitor projects within a cross-functional environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities
- Ability to work through problems and find solutions is a must.
- Understanding and comfortable working with basic IP networks.
- Experience with Google Suite preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and other Microsoft Office applications preferred
- Higher education experience preferred
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs
- Ability to climb a ladder at least 7ft
- Ability to travel across campus
- Ability and experience using hand & power tools preferred
Successful completion of a criminal background check and education verification is required. This position is also subject to Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) requirements.
Recruiting Start Date:2019-05-16-07:00
Job Posting Title:Application Support Specialist - Public Safety Technology
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website