Job Description - This is a 10-month, Assistant Athletic Trainer position. The position will provide medical care and health education to ensure the safety of, reduce the risk of injury to, and guide the rehabilitation of Brown student-athletes under the guidance of the Head Athletic Trainer. Will serve as primary athletic trainer for Women's Basketball and a number of other varsity sports.
All department employees are required to demonstrate exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations; the duties of the position are to be performed in compliance with all NCAA, Ivy League and ECAC rules and regulations; and any rules violations on behalf of themselves or any knowledge of violations within the department are to be reported to the appropriate parties. Employees in coaching positions are required to pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Test and maintain current AED/CPR & First Aid certification (certification is available at no cost through the Athletic Department).
- Bachelor's Degree, required; Master's Degree, preferred.
- RI Athletic Training License required (to be obtained prior to hire date).
- NATABOC Certification, required.
- Maintain NATABOC Certification Continuing Education Units (CEUs) every reporting period, as required.
- A minimum of one year of relevant athletic training experience required.
- Appropriate Emergency Cardiac Care certification as required by the BOC.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication & computer skills, necessary
- Demonstrated ability to work with and relate well to students
- Strong work ethic, passion for the profession and commitment to student-athletes
- Possess a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Basic proficiency in excel, word, internet & email capabilities.
- Experience with electronic medical records system, helpful.
- The successful candidate for this position will be required to complete a criminal background and DMV check satisfactory to Brown University prior to commencing employment.
Background Check - Criminal and Motor Vehicle
Recruiting Start Date:2019-09-09-07:00
Job Posting Title:Assistant Athletic Trainer
Department:Athletics & Physical Education
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website