The Brown University Division of Advancement seeks qualified applicants for the position of Assistant to the Senior Vice President for Advancement.
The Assistant supports the mission of the Office of the Senior Vice President for Advancement. Reporting to the Chief of Staff for the Senior Vice President, the incumbent will assist the manager by coordinating, organizing, and executing administrative tasks within the office. Among duties to be performed will be helping organize the Senior Vice President's schedule and travel arrangements; researching, analyzing, and preparing executive summaries that contribute to effective planning and decision-making; and executing high level correspondence, prospect research, and technical and logistical support.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4 years' high-level executive experience or relevant experience. Preference is given to individuals with high-level administrative support working in the not-for-profit sector and/or an academic or research institution, and who have been involved with fundraising, development, and/or alumni relations.
- Experience coordinating complex travel arrangements, managing a difficult calendar and drafting correspondence or related experience preferred.
- Specific computer application expertise, including word processing, database, electronic mail and calendars, spreadsheets, and internet/html that support high level fundraising and PowerPoint required.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communications skills, including the ability to deal effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
- The incumbent must possess tact, discretion, sound judgment and initiative.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Candidates must demonstrate a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
Candidates please note: All offers of employment are contingent upon a completed criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Applicants are asked to please provide a cover letter and resume with their applications.
Finalists may be eligible to have moving expenses fully or partially covered by Brown University.
Recruiting Start Date:2019-09-16-07:00
Job Posting Title:Assistant to the Senior Vice President for Advancement
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website