The International Students Program Manager will serve as part of the advising team in the College to provide academic programs and support for international undergraduate students. Reporting to the Associate Dean for International Students, the International Students Program Manager will assist with creating, managing, facilitating and evaluating academic programs for international students. Using best practices in cross-cultural academic advising, the incumbent advises all self-identified international students in gaining knowledge about how to navigate the hidden curriculum at Brown and facilitating holistic advising dialogues about making mindful academic choices throughout students' time at Brown. As a partner to the College's financial advising team, the incumbent will advise international students around financial issues that may intersect with academic, sociocultural, immigration, personal and health circumstances. The international student program manager will also serve as a member of Global Brown, a cross-university partnership which supports the inbound and outbound global mobility of the Brown community.
- Bachelor's degree and three to five years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's degree preferred.
- Experience working with international students in a university setting is preferred.
- Experience in academic program administration, including planning and development, and implementation. Ability to gather and act on feedback from students, faculty, and colleagues.
- Self-starter with strong organizational, administrative and time management skills. Initiative to problem solve and establish priorities. Ability to work independently, and as a collaborative team member.
- Demonstrated professionalism, ability to work, demonstrate flexibility, and adapt in a deadline driven environment, managing multiple projects and seeing them to successful completion.
- Experience, interest, and commitment to furthering university diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives while supporting students from historically underrepresented and/or minoritized backgrounds is required, with a particular expertise in intercultural competency.
- Effective written and oral communication skills, attention to detail, discretion, sound judgment, public relations, and interpersonal skills necessary.
- Proficiency with various computer applications (including Microsoft Office, Google suite, and Canvas).
- Possess a willingness and ability to support and promote a diverse and inclusive campus community.
- Preferred: Proficiency in a foreign language and/or previous international experience.
Occasional evening and weekend work required for critical College and University events.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Recruiting Start Date:2023-03-06
Job Posting Title:International Student Program Manager
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Position Classification:Hybrid Eligible
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
In order to maintain 90% or greater universal vaccination rates on campus, all newly hired employees at Brown University must receive the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before they begin work, unless they are approved for a medical or religious exemption. All employees must also receive a COVID-19 booster within thirty (30) days of becoming eligible. For more information, please visit the Healthy Brown site.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.
Apply on company website