As part of the Office of Sustainability, the Measurement and Verification Engineer will provide building level commissioning activities to ensure building systems meet the design and operation intent from an energy efficiency perspective including monitoring building operational performance and energy performance of buildings. Lead and perform assessment, evaluation, and documentation of academic, research and commercial building retro-commissioning, continuous commissioning and energy efficiency projects, with primary focus on HVAC systems & controls, Lab Systems and fume hoods, energy recovery systems, lighting controls, and related energy consuming systems. Lead and perform site assessments to determine potential project scope, solve system design or operational problems, and identify and prioritize tasks for more detailed review. Gather site information including utility data, energy management system trend data, work orders, and service order requests. Serves as primary interface between Operations staff and Office of Sustainability to ensure corrective actions are accomplished. Provide expertise to Operations to optimize energy savings opportunities such as energy audits and developing load profiles for buildings and works toward developing efficient operations of buildings and utility plants. With Operations, resolve complex technical issues and identify control system innovations in order to ensure comfort and safety while minimizing building energy consumption. Review utility report and investigate utility waste and work with Operations or other relevant departments to remedy waste
Conduct measurement and verification (M&V) activities for installed energy efficiency measures. Provide expertise to Operations to optimize energy savings opportunities. Supports design and other technical reviews as necessary to evaluate/implements conservation measures.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other relevant engineering/scientific discipline and 3 years of related experience, or equivalent;
- Knowledge of the operation, maintenance and design of building electrical and HVAC systems and computerized maintenance management systems.
- Understanding of engineering principles associated with the analysis of energy-savings measures.
- Familiarity with GHG emissions, net-zero, and carbon neutrality is preferred.
- Ability to analyze and quantify energy savings in projects involving chiller and boiler plants, motors, compressors, VSDs, HVAC retrofit, controls, and distributed generation.
- Ability to prepare and analyze reports.
- Must be willing and able to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people, including those from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds. Willingness to contribute to cultural diversity for educational enrichment.
- Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
- Physically capable of accessing areas in buildings where mechanical equipment is located.
Final candidate required to pass a criminal and education background check satisfactory to Brown.
Recruiting Start Date:2019-08-20-07:00
Job Posting Title:Measurement and Verification Engineer
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website