Reporting to the College's Administrative and Operations Manager, this position oversees coordination of assigned academic advising, curricular, and co-curricular programs in the College at Brown University. In this role, the Program Coordinator will develop and streamline office processes and provide administrative support for programs within designated teams and areas. Responsibilities will include developing knowledge and understanding of Brown's academic and financial policies and procedures, and providing logistical support for communications, events, and program applications and other processes. This position will serve as an initial point of contact for assigned areas, addressing general and program-specific inquiries from students, families, faculty, and staff, and connecting them with resources across the University. Finally, as a member of the College's operations and support team, this position will provide back-up support to assigned programs within the College's academic advising, curriculum, and co-curriculum teams and general administrative support for the College's office-wide procedures and processes. Examples of programs to be supported include:
Brown/Rhode Island School of Design Dual Degree Program
Class-Year Advising Programs
Cross-Registration and Exchanges
Curricular Committees and Programs
Degree Completion Advising and Programming
Experiential Learning Programs
International Student Advising
Recovery and Substance-Free Programs
Study Away and Transfer Credit
- Associate's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-4 years of administrative office or event planning experience, preferably in an academic environment.
- Experience, interest, and commitment to working with people from diverse racial, socioeconomic, and other backgrounds and ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with diverse faculty, students, and administrators.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills to be able to organize, prioritize, and follow through on complex, multi-deadline projects.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive health and personal student information.
- Able to organize, prioritize, and follow through on complex, multi-deadline projects.
- Ability to work with data and run reports; familiarity with databases and website management a plus.
- Fluency with computers and various applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google office applications, web editing platforms, etc.).
- Experience with event planning and scheduling
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, speed and accuracy to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated editing and writing ability.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Customer-focused, customer service oriented.
- Ability to occasionally work in the late-afternoon/early-evening for specific pre-planned events.
- Judgment and discretion in dealing with significant, confidential information.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and to working with a diverse campus community.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
This is a hybrid-eligible position based in Providence, Rhode Island. Hybrid-eligible staff in the College may request to work up to two days per week remotely, and must work on-site three days per week.
Recruiting Start Date:2022-08-01-07:00
Job Posting Title:Program Coordinator
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Position Classification:Hybrid Eligible
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
In order to maintain 90% or greater universal vaccination rates on campus, all newly hired employees at Brown University must receive the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before they begin work, unless they are approved for a medical or religious exemption. All employees must also receive a COVID-19 booster within thirty (30) days of becoming eligible. For more information, please visit the Healthy Brown site.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website