The purpose of this position is to provide oversight and support for multiple ongoing research project related to opioid overdose and harm reduction inventions. The Research Assistant serves as key member of the research team, providing expertise and training support to the Project by working directly with the Project Director, research Staff, and student Research Assistants. This position may train and oversee up to 3 student research assistants. The Research Assistant reports to the Project Director and helps to manage the research study timelines and goals from startup to completion. This position is responsible for acting as a representative of the research team at stakeholder meetings.
Ongoing responsibilities include coordinating data sharing with collaborating partners, including documentation and reporting on various project datasets. Ensure adherence and fidelity to the approved research protocol and intervention design, and provide administrative support, including assistance with IRB submissions and progress reports.
- Bachelor's degree in public health, biostatistics, applied science, or related field.
- Undergraduate coursework in statistics, data analysis, or research methods preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in Public Health or related field preferred
- Experience with at least one statistical software or database system, such as R or SAS, preferred
- Experience with survey and database software, such as Qualtrics or REDCap, preferred
- Experience working with people who use drugs and/or other vulnerable populations
- Strong software proficiency (i.e. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat Pro, Wordpress), with willingness to learn and utilize new software applications as needed.
- Proven ability to work effectively on multiple projects at the same time, including setting priorities and meeting deadlines
- Strong interest in public health, with a focus on harm reduction, drug policy, addiction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail, high level of professionalism and organization required
- Efficient time management skills
- Frequently operates a computer and other office equipment such as a printer/copy machine.
- Frequently moves about inside the office to access the printer, files, and other materials/equipment.
- Frequently moves about campus to various locations for meetings.
- Must possess a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment
- Other duties as assigned
Background check required: Education and Criminal
This is a fixed term position with a current end date of 10/31/20. Positions are renewable upon available funding.
Recruiting Start Date:2019-10-10-07:00
Job Posting Title:Research Assistant
Department:Department of Epidemiology
Worker Sub-Type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website