Research Computing Analyst
Computing and Information Services
Research Computing Analyst is responsible for supporting high level research IT services/projects across the enterprise, based on a thorough understanding of key research services and resources. This position requires working closely with Faculty and Researchers to properly identify their needs, while coordinating with various technical teams to provide the requisite support. This position provides CIS with expertise across all research services, including a thorough technical understanding, such that Faculty and researchers can be matched and supported with the solution that best meets their needs.
For Grade 9E: 1 - 2 years of IT related experience
For Grade 10E: 3 - 4 years of IT related experience
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent education and experience
- Demonstrated ability to drive project execution in an organized and disciplined manner
- Experience working on multiple, complex projects as a project leader and a subject matter expert
- Excellent written and oral communications at all levels (with faculty, researchers, senior management, with technical and business-oriented project staff, with users and stakeholders)
- Ability to foster buy-in and cooperation through persuasion, influence, and persistence
- Strong analytical and facilitation skills
- Ability to work effectively independently, and as a member of a team.
- Able to negotiate with peers and superiors
- Ability to multitask within a complex environment
- Proficiency with Linux and Window systems
- Well organized and capable of tracking, managing, and resolving issues on multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivating, professional, flexible, comfortable with ambiguity in a diverse organizational environment
- Experience working with grant funded projects preferred
- Willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
The grade of the position is contingent on the qualifications of the chosen candidate.
Candidates please note: All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check and education verification.
Recruiting Start Date:2019-08-23-07:00
Job Posting Title:Research Computing Analyst
Department:Office of Chief Digital Officer & CIO
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website