This position provides leadership, management, and technical expertise necessary to complete research projects funded by the Department of Defense Strategic Environmental Research and Development Program (SERDP), the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS), and the National Science Foundation (NSF). These projects require advanced scientific skills including the operation and collection of data generated from high-resolution mass spectrometers to identify and quantify organic and inorganic contaminants at trace levels in biological (e.g., plasma, tissue) and environmental (e.g., soil and groundwater) samples. In addition, these projects require advanced level data analysis, preparation of technical reports, preparation of manuscripts for publication in refereed journals, and the dissemination and archiving of scientific data to meet the requirements of project data management plans.
- PhD in Environmental Engineering or closely related field
- 10+ years of experience in Environmental Engineering
- 10+ years of experience with mass spectrometers, ability to operate and maintain high resolution both liquid and gas chromatograph-mass spectrometers
- 5-7 years of lab management experience
- Experience with statistical packages (e.g., R) and mass spectrometry data bases (METLIN).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently and implement short-and-long-term goals independently, and ability to work and communicate effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to work with, and communicate complex issues to, a diverse group of people with tact and diplomacy.
- This position requires a strong commitment to promoting diversity.
Criminal & Education.
Recruiting Start Date:2019-09-18-07:00
Job Posting Title:Senior Research Engineer
Department:School of Engineering
Worker Sub-Type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website