The Division of Advancement Talent's team represents the values of inclusion, equity, trust, integrity, collaboration, innovation, problem solving and authenticity. The Brown University Advancement Talent Management department supports staff in successfully meeting the goals of Brown University by providing high quality and responsive human resources support to foster an exceptional work environment that encourages, nurtures and recognizes the professional development of Advancement employees. The Division provides employee relations and employment expertise for all Advancement staff. This includes developing and implementing recruiting and retention strategies; administering and interpreting policies; providing counseling and guidance regarding performance management; and developing service strategies, processes and programs that are responsive to the needs of the staff to implement best human resources practices for employee relations and employment.
The Talent Acquisition Manager (TA Manager) works in partnership with the Executive Director of Talent and Resource Management to help inform the direction of the Division of Advancement's recruiting strategy for the division of Advancement. The success of the Division's most ambitious three-billion-dollar Comprehensive Campaign to date, hinges on the strategic investment in human capital to meet the institution's goals. The Talent Acquisition Manager is responsible for the oversight and management of Advancement's campus-wide recruiting, including a talent acquisition strategy and program for the Advancement organization, encompassing 238 FTE across 18 academic units, over 18 internal departments and two remote offices (New York and California).
The Talent Acquisition Manager's responsibilities include candidate pipelining, hiring and providing consultation and coaching services and expertise, and together with the Executive Director sets the direction of Advancement's recruiting strategies and engages in continuous improvement by observing fundraising and higher education trends to develop best practices and toolkits for the Recruiting department and Advancement Hiring Managers.
Advancement leadership will rely on this team to provide a steady pipeline of the most qualified candidates as well as filling these critical positions with the best individuals. Fundraising and careers in fundraising are not traditional occupations. Identifying qualified applicants in the fundraising field is a complex process that depends heavily on a deep understanding of fundraising, including the nuances of each specific unit as well as roles within units, and a commitment to developing authentic relationships with Advancement leadership, with Advancement Hiring Managers, and with all potential candidates.
The Talent Acquisition Manager will collaborate with UHR on policies and protocols; and will oversee and manages the Division of Advancement's recruiting objectives and the execution of a talent acquisition strategy and program. The incumbent is responsible for the full life cycle of talent acquisition: recruiting, screening and recommending placement of staff by using creative sourcing methods (internal and external) for Division of Advancement. The Talent Acquisition Manager will inform the direction of Advancement's recruiting strategies and engages in continuous improvement by observing fundraising and higher education trends to develop best practices and toolkits for the Divisions hiring managers. The incumbent serves as an expert for recruiting candidates within a higher education development office. Talent acquisition responsibilities include candidate pipelining, hiring and providing consultation services and expertise.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of five to 10 years of recruiting experience.
- Experience in fundraising, development or higher education highly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Organized with strong attention to detail.
- The ideal candidate will be proactive with outreach, working with the research team (comprised of student workers) to connect with identified candidate targets.
- The incumbent will be expected to maintain continuous communication with managers and candidates alike.
- Experience in Development recruitment and/or fundraising is highly desired.
- Experience in recruitment software and/or fundraising CRM platforms is required, as is the discipline of logging and recording all contacts and correspondence through the course of a search.
- The incumbent will remain flexible in the type of searches conducted, giving equal importance to senior and junior level positions.
- Impeccable written and verbal skills are required, as is a superior sense of customer service, team- oriented collaboration and consistent professionalism.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or PHR preferred.
- LinkedIn Recruiter certification and/or experience preferred.
- Candidate must demonstrate a willingness and ability to support a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment.
- Excellent project management skills, including but not limited to the proper launch of searches, working with the Director and stakeholders of searches and collaborating with the Talent Management team.
- Excellent Communication and people management skills.
Candidates please note: all offers of employment are contingent upon a completed criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume with their application.
In order to maintain 90% or greater universal vaccination rates on campus, all newly hired employees at Brown University must receive the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before they begin work, unless they are approved for a medical or religious exemption. For more information, please visit the Healthy Brown site.
Recruiting Start Date:2021-11-04-07:00
Job Posting Title:Talent Acquisition Manager
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Position Classification:Remote Eligible
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website