DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Capital Regional Cancer Center 2003 Centre Point Blvd Tallahassee, FL 32308
Capital Regional Medical Center is a fully-accredited healthcare facility with more than 1,100 employees and 500 physicians. A 266-bed, acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including a Pediatric ER and an Express Care ER. We also offer a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic/Spine Center, Physical Therapy Services, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Wound Healing Center, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
Capital Regional Cancer Center in Tallahassee, Florida is seeking an additional physicist. Our current physics staff includes 1 fulltime physicist and 1 full time dosimetrist. The American College of Radiology certified center utilizes a Varian 2300 ix Silhouette, Radixact tomotherapy, Varisource HDR, and GE Optima Big Bore CT. Treatment services include IMRT, IGRT, SRS/SBRT, brachytherapy and Xofigo radionuclide therapy. Treatment planning systems include Eclipse/Velocity and Accuray Precision. This is a full-time position. The center is replacing our Varian IX unit with a Varian Truebeam in 2021.
- QA testing and calibration of all external beam therapy machines and afterloader-delivered radioactive sources in accordance with established guidelines and protocols.
- Initial treatment plan checks to assure the accuracy, safety and efficacy of dose delivery. Recommend improvements to physicians and dosimetry when appropriate.
- Continuing physics consultation to assure accurate delivery of treatments throughout the course of each patient's care.
- Physics support and consultation on simulation through final treatment.
- Assist with and occasionally perform treatment planning and image fusions.
- Provides a physics resource to staff and physicians.
- Implement new technologies and new treatment modalities.
- Assure understanding of and adherence to all radiation safety procedures.
- Demonstrate professional behavior/conduct in all interactions, and foster teamwork amongst staff.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors.
- Supervise of brachytherapy procedures
- Assure accordance to NRC/State regulations.
Your benefits include:401(k) Paid Time Off, Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits Tuition reimbursement, Employee discount program Employee stock purchase plan Student loan repayment We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, natural origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Master's Degree or PhD in Medical Physics or a closely related discipline.
Certification from the American Board of Radiology.
Must possess or be eligible for a Florida license in Therapeutic Radiological Physics.
Experience with IMRT, VMAT, Eclipse and Aria is required. Experience with SBRT, SRS, HDR, and 4DCT is strongly preferred.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website