DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your Operating Room career and be a part of our exciting expansion at Centennial Hospital.
OPENING SPRING 2021 THE NEW CENTENNIAL HOSPITAL
For nearly 35 years, Centennial Medical Plaza, a campus of The Medical Center of Aurora, has provided high quality emergency care. We are growing to meet the needs of our community and will open a full service, 20 bed hospital in the spring of 2021.
With the development of our new facility, we are currently hiring to build a world-class, dynamic Operating Room team. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HealthONE / HCA, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We are seeking a Surgical Technician to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
Here is some of what you can expect from being a Surgical Tech with us:
· You will be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide assistance during surgical procedures performed in the department in the scrub role.
· You will be experienced in all aspects as aseptic technique, setting up the required equipment and sterile supplies as needed for their assigned cases; pulling cases as needed; and breaking down cases at the end of the procedure.
· You may come in contact with medications and therefore must demonstrate understanding of proper medication management and storage as well as maintaining a secure medication environment.
· You will act as a preceptor, resource and mentor for new staff members, surgical technician students and existing staff.
What qualifications you will need:
· Basic Life Support certification through the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required.
· Registration as a Surgical Tech by Colorado Division of Registration (DORA) required.
· Current CST Certification from NBSTSA preferred.
· Graduation from an accredited program for Operating Room Technicians.
· One year minimum experience.
· Advanced knowledge in the scrub role and responsibilities for multiple surgical specialties preferred.
The Medical Center of Aurora, the first community hospital in the Denver Metro area to receive three-time Magnet designation for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), is a 346-bed acute care hospital located in Aurora, Colorado. The Medical Center of Aurora is comprised of six campuses in Aurora and Centennial, Colo., including the Main Campus, located at Interstate 225 and Mississippi, the North Campus Behavioral Health and Wellness Center, Centennial Medical Plaza(Centennial Hospital in Spring 2021), Saddle Rock ER, Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital, Spalding Rehabilitation at P/SL, and a medical office building at Green Valley Ranch. The Main Campus facility is a Level II Trauma Center with Primary Stroke Certification and Chest Pain Center accreditation, and has an affiliation with Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children as well as the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute. The Medical Center of Aurora has received seven consecutive ‘A' grades from The Leapfrog Group (Fall 2016 - Spring 2019), was Colorado's only hospital to receive the Leapfrog Top General Hospital designation two years in a row (2016, 2017), was recognized as a Best Regional Hospital by U.S. News & World Report (2014-2015, 2017-2018, 2018-2019), and was named to Healthgrades 2020 America's 250 Best Hospitals, putting TMCA in the top five percent of U.S. hospitals for clinical outcomes. The Medical Center of Aurora is proud to be a part of the HealthONE system of hospitals.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified, you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website