Do you currently have an opportunity to make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions every year, nurses at Centerpoint Medical Center have the opportunity to make a real impact. As a Clinical Nurse Coordinator you can be a part of change.Benefits
Centerpoint Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a Clinical Nurse Coordinator. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) ensures and delivers high quality, patient-centered care and coordination of all functions in the unit/department during the designated shift. In collaboration with other members of the management team, the CNC directs, monitors, and evaluates nursing care in accordance with established policies/procedures, serves as a resource person for staff, and models a commitment to the organization's vision/mission/values to support an unparalleled patient experience and clinical outcomes that contribute to overall departmental performance.
About this unit:
· 45 Bed Emergency Department.
· Level II Trauma Center, Certified Stroke and Heart Failure Facility.
· Average Daily Patients is 170 to 200.
· Busy and Fast paced ER.
· Strong cohesive team, that apply critical thinking skills & problem-solving techniques in a positive environment.
- Under the general supervision of the unit's director or designee the CNC assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her designated shifts.
- In collaboration with other members of the management team, this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in unit.
- Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions during the designated shift.
- Functions as a resource person for staff member and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided when s/he is on duty.
- Makes decisions regarding activities with these areas based on Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Standards of Care for the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
- This position supports the mission of Centerpoint Medical Center of optimizing quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person.
- Graduate of a school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- Activity in professional organizations encouraged.
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in Missouri and/or has an active compact license, in accordance with law and regulation.
- BLS Certification required.
- ACLS required within 90 days of hire date.
- Trauma Nursi
- ng Pediatric Course(ENPC) required within 1 year of hire date.
- Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course(ENPC) required within 1 year of hire dates.
- Two (2) years of clinical practice in the clinical specialty of his/her unit and leadership/ management experience is preferred.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Centerpoint Medical Center is a 285+ bed hospital featuring state-of-the-art equipment and technology. Our hospital offers some of the latest clinical services available to patients. We remain focused on providing compassionate care and top-notch customer service for our patients. We offer many features for visitors, including sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas, and wireless internet access. We are a Level II Trauma Center with 24/7 emergency services and an accredited Chest Pain Center. Our Orthopedic Services include Total Joints and Sports Medicine. We are an accredited Cancer Program and Breast Center. We provide Women's Services, a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, and a Stroke Center. Our Outpatient Services include a Surgery Center, Advanced Wound Care Center, Pain Center, Sleep Disorder Center, Imaging, and Rehab. We are part of HCA Midwest Health, a network of hospitals in Kansas City and surrounding areas.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that leverages our size to make a real impact in our industry! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Clinical Nurse Coordinator ER RN Nights opening. Submit your application today and help advance the practice of nursing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website