Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Cardiac Tele LPN today with Centerpoint Medical Center.
At CPMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
The Life of an HCA Nurse
Cardiac Telemetry nurses assess acute changes in patients. They monitor and analyze the heart rhythm of patients, interpret ECGs, note arrhythmias, and intervene in emergency situations. They have high-level critical thinking skills, vast clinical knowledge, and are able to stay calm under pressure.
About this unit:
- 36 Bed Cardiac Specialty Unit
- Wide variety of monitored patients, Chest Pain, Stroke, COPD, Post Ops, GI, Accelerated Heart Rhythm, respiratory, Drips and more! Step down from PCU and Level II Trauma Center.
- Strong leaders to provide career development, career pathing and elevation to more critical care provided!
- Team is a united front. Provide support, guidance and education for each other. Great growth opportunities
- Collects data and performs focused nursing assessments of the health status of patients.
- Provides direct, evidence-based nursing care of assigned patients as directed by the physician or RN. Assists with procedures, monitoring, or other functions as directed.
- Performs lab and procedural tests within the LVN/LPN scope of practice, after demonstraining compentency.
- Inserts and maintains, IVs, after meeting training requirements and demonstrating compentecy.
- Adminsters prescribed medications to patients in accordance with hospital policies and practice guidelines. Monitors patient for therapeutic response. Notifies provider and intervenes as appropriate in the event of an unintended response to medication.
- Identifies potential nursing problems/changes in patient status, informing appropriate team members.
- Escalates situations requiring care beyond the scope or practice of an LVN/LPN.
- Reinforces education for patient and family based on the individual needs of the customer.
- Documents the administration of care in the patient medical record in a timely and thorough manner.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adherence to the principles of patient privacy and security of protected health information.
- Provides for the smooth processing of patients into and out of the department.
- Provides accurate and pertinent patient information reports to the RN or CNC and to the oncoming shift to ensure continuity of care.
- Serves as a resource to department staff, students, volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care.
- Provides and ensures patient safety at all times.
- Facilitates the management of the day's scheduled cases.
- Graduate of Vocational Nursing School Required
- < 1 year applicable experience preferred
- Currently licensed as a vocational nurse or practical nurse in the state(s) of practice, in accordance with law and regulation required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) preferred
Centerpoint hospital features 285 beds, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients.
The award-winning Independence hospital has the area's most-awarded heart program. And with the ER Rapid Care, you receive a level of care completely tailored to the optimal experience for adults or children who are less sick and deserve rapid attention to their illness. And whether you're embracing motherhood, seeking treatment for illness or maintaining wellness, our women's services are, too, tailored around you.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately for our Inpatient Rehab Registered Nurse opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website