Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a Nutrition Care Assistant with Centerpoint Medical Center you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
Centerpoint Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Centerpoint Medical Center family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Nutrition Care Assistant to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Food Service Workers in our Food and Nutrition Services department may perform assigned duties in one or more of the following areas: Cafeteria Server, Catering, Cold Production, Porter, Tray line Support, Late Tray Delivery, Storeroom Clerk and/or Floor Stock Attendant. All FNS team members adhere to food safety, food handling, and sanitation procedures. The hospital dining schedule features hours and shifts that create a great work - life balance. Your food service experience and commitment to service, safety and professionalism will contribute to a positive experience for our patients, visitors and colleagues.
What you will do in this role:
- You will serve cafeteria meals and ensure guest satisfaction.
- You will maintain dining room and beverage area in a neat and sanitary manner.
- You will replenish food items and ensure product is stocked to appropriate levels.
- You will properly store food by adhering to food safety policies and procedures.
- You will accurately complete all reports, cleaning checklists and temperature logs.
- You will remove trash from the cafeteria and main kitchen according to schedule and as needed.
What qualifications you will need:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One year food service experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- Food Handlers Permit must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date.
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Centerpoint Medical Center is a 285+ bed hospital featuring state-of-the-art equipment and technology. Our hospital offers some of the latest clinical services available to patients. We remain focused on providing compassionate care and top-notch customer service for our patients. We offer many features for visitors, including sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas, and wireless internet access. We are a Level II Trauma Center with 24/7 emergency services and an accredited Chest Pain Center. Our Orthopedic Services include Total Joints and Sports Medicine. We are an accredited Cancer Program and Breast Center. We provide Women's Services, a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, and a Stroke Center. Our Outpatient Services include a Surgery Center, Advanced Wound Care Center, Pain Center, Sleep Disorder Center, Imaging, and Rehab. We are part of HCA Midwest Health, a network of hospitals in Kansas City and surrounding areas.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Nutrition Care Assistant opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website