Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Sonographer Cardiac Services with Centerpoint Medical Center you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!Benefits
Centerpoint Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Centerpoint Medical Center family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Sonographer Cardiac Services to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and Qualifications
Acting under direct supervision of the Cardiology Nurse Manager or preceptor, the Cardiac Sonographer is responsible for accurately performing echocardiograms on all patients (including infants, adolescents and adults).
What you will do in this role:
- Analyzing the information and providing calculations to assist the physician in providing appropriate care and treatment.
- The Cardiac Sonographer must be competent in the performance of transthoracic, trans esophageal and stress echocardiography.
- The Cardiac Sonographer will demonstrate competence at performing these procedures in the Echo Lab, at the patient bedside or as part of invasive cardiovascular procedures in the Cath Lab, EP Lab or Operating Room.
- The Cardiac Sonographer will demonstrate competence and safety with the IV administration of cardiac contrast agents (saline and Perflutren), starting IVs as needed and will demonstrate competency in the use of trans esophageal (TEE) probe high level disinfection.
- Duties include tasks that assure the department runs effectively and efficiently including the maintenance of patient records.
- The Cardiac Sonographer will carry out any other activities assigned by the Cardiology Nurse Manager including Outreach assignments.
- The Cardiac Sonographer will respond within 30 minutes when on stand-by call.
- High School graduate or equivalent. Graduate of a cardiac sonography program and/or on-the-job training under supervision of a Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in the performance of patient procedures as required in each clinical area.
- Current registry through the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) with active status in Adult Echocardiography preferred.
- For new graduates, must obtain registry within 12 months of registry eligibility date.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Saving certification required.
- One year of echo experience or graduate of cardiac sonography program with combined training and experience of at least one year.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Centerpoint Medical Center is a 285+ bed hospital featuring state-of-the-art equipment and technology. Our hospital offers some of the latest clinical services available to patients. We remain focused on providing compassionate care and top-notch customer service for our patients. We offer many features for visitors, including sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas, and wireless internet access. We are a Level II Trauma Center with 24/7 emergency services and an accredited Chest Pain Center. Our Orthopedic Services include Total Joints and Sports Medicine. We are an accredited Cancer Program and Breast Center. We provide Women's Services, a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, and a Stroke Center. Our Outpatient Services include a Surgery Center, Advanced Wound Care Center, Pain Center, Sleep Disorder Center, Imaging, and Rehab. We are part of HCA Midwest Health, a network of hospitals in Kansas City and surrounding areas.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Sonographer Cardiac Services opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website