Company: Charter Schools USA
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Career Level: Entry Level
Industries: Government, Nonprofit, Education
Email me to apply later
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Instruction
- Reviews with the principal, supervisor and/or designated teacher the plans and schedule to be followed during the teaching day.
- Teaches the lessons prepared by the absent teacher.
- Reports in writing the day's activities at conclusion of each day and provides other feedback as requested by the building principal.
- Follows all school and CSUSA policies, rules, and procedures to which regular teachers are subject and which good teaching practice dictates.
- Consults, as appropriate, with the building principal and/or supervisor before initiating any lesson or other procedure not specified in the teacher's plans.
- Maintains as fully as possible the established routines and procedures of the school and classrooms to which they are assigned.
- Assumes responsibility for overseeing pupil behavior in class and at other times during the school day as requested.
- Maintains appropriate student behavior at all times throughout the school day for assigned students.
- Maintains good relations with the faculty and staff of the district.
- Treats information about students and staff with utmost confidence.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the job and the mission of the company; supports the company's values in the strategic areas of academic excellence, operational performance, superior culture, and financial health and growth, as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Works and interacts with staff and relates to individuals at all levels of the organization; relates to individuals at all levels. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the public image.
- Time Management – Prioritizing, Organizing, Scheduling
- Computer Basics – Windows (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Communication – Oral (including presentations), Written, Interpersonal (active listening), Negotiating and Influencing.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience.
- Completion of District's Substitute Workshop.
- Commitment to company values.
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as CSUSA may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Usual schools working conditions.
- May be noisy during high student traffic.
- Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by Charter Schools USA.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Apply on company website