ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures teachers are organized, manage their time well and cover proper curriculum and cover proper curriculum conforming to State and CSUSA mandates.
- Conducts 3-minute walk through; reports non-compliance to Principal.
- Ensures teachers follow curriculum maps to maximize high assessments test scores.
- Works with Principal, Assistant Principal and Lead Teachers to observe and evaluate designing and planning of instruction, execution of education, classroom environment.
- Informs teachers of expectations prior to observing/evaluating. Uses announced and unannounced evaluations.
- Debriefs each observation/evaluation with a post conference.
- Ensures classroom teachers are using Personal Learning Plans (PLP) which personalize instruction and differentiate CSUSA schools from district schools.
- Ensures teachers meet with students individually.
- Conducts PLP training and checks PLPs quarterly.
- Supervises the setting of grade level goals for teachers who set classroom goals.
- Analyzes data from formative and summative assessments throughout the school.
- Works with Leadership Team to set annual school goals based on previous year's data.
- Analyzes benchmark data.
- Checks grade books to ensure correct input of grades.
- Monitors that teachers are using assessment data for targeted and differentiated instruction.
- Visits classrooms regularly; provide coaching on classroom management.
- Serves as liaison with Corporate Education to advise of what is effective in the classroom.
- Provides professional development/coaching on research based instructional strategies.
- Assigns teachers to arrival and dismissal duties; creates, posts and updates schedules.
- Creates schedules so that specialized teachers are scheduled properly.
- Creates schedule and assigns specialist teachers for special area schedule to ensure teacher coverage of PE, Music, Art, Spanish, Computer, Library.
- Designs schedule to create common planning time so that classroom teachers can attend grade level cluster meetings.
- Balances schedule so that special teachers have equally distributed planning time.
- Designs schedule so that gifted and talented students have time for key activities and have a variety of specialized teachers.
- Places students to ensure students are with appropriate teacher.
- Checks cumulative files for learning problems to ensure student is in correct learning environment.
- Oversees and monitors progress reports and report cards before distribution date to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Oversees, interviews, arranges and orients substitute teachers to ensure smooth transition for substitute and students.
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the position and the mission of the company; support the company's values in the strategic areas of academic excellence, operational performance, superior culture, and financial health and growth, as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Possesses strong time management & organizational skills and the ability to prioritize effectively and complete work with little supervision within agreed timeline.
- Has the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with teachers, students, parents, the community, and administrative staff. Is sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the public image, as unique situations present themselves.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and displays such between all stakeholders: being courteous, professional, and helpful.
- Possesses excellent communication skills: Oral (including presentations), Written, Interpersonal (active listening), Negotiating and Influencing.
- Has the ability to be at work consistently, to be on time, to follow instructions, to respond to management direction and to solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Demonstrates proficient experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Student Information System (SIS) and email communications.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Strives to implement best practices and positive character education consistently.
- Has the ability to demonstrate flexible and creative management of disciplinary issues.
- Has the ability to provide a supportive role to the principal.
- Master's degree (MA) from an accredited college or university or equivalent preferred.
- Possession of valid teaching certification (as appropriate).
- Professional Certification in Educational Leadership for Applicable State preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years successful teaching experience (may include Student Teaching Internship experience).
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Command of grades/subject specific content and theoretical knowledge of learning theory, including motivation, reinforcement, evaluation and feedback techniques.
- Understanding of and commitment to company values.
- Successful results of criminal and employment background check.
- Effective instructional delivery techniques and excellent communication skills.
- Adherence to the requirements of the Code of Ethics for the Education Profession.
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as CSUSA may find appropriate and acceptable.
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the work environment characteristics listed below are representative of the environment the employee will encounter:
- Usual office working conditions.
- No physical exertion required.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by Charter Schools USA.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools USA's policy.
The Charter Schools USA Human Resources Department retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by Human Resources Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Apply on company website