Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) Registered Respiratory Therapist PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Chippenham Hospital which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
Chippenham Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Registered Respiratory Therapist PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
JOB SUMMARY: Administers floor and critical care therapy modalities. Performs arterial puncture and blood gas analysis and instrument QC. Responds to cardiopulmonary arrests. Maintains and processes equipment. Provides specialized service to the department.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
1. Maintains CPR certificate.
2. Maintains license requirements.
3. Maintains NBRC credentials for Certified or Registered Respiratory Therapist
4. Fulfills staff meeting, in-service, competency and on-going education requirements.
5. Ensures safe and appropriate oxygen administrations through the Oxygen Therapist Driven Protocol.
6. Performs non-invasive SpO2 monitoring through pulse oximetry via overnight studies, exercise, continuous and spot checks.
7. Administers all therapy modalities to patients per physician orders.
8. Performs VEST therapy.
9. Performs basic operations on the Meditech system.
10.Performs regular equipment rounds.What qualifications you will need:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Licensed Respiratory Therapist, or State Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Certified Respiratory Therapy Technician (CRTT), or Licensed Certified Respiratory Therapist (LCRT), or RRT/Respiratory Care Practitioner (RRT / RCP), or Respiratory Therapist - Non Registered
- Associate Degree, or Vocational School Graduate
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
CJW Medical Center is comprised of Chippenham Hospital and Johnston-Willis Hospital. We have served the greater Richmond Virginia area for over 100 years. Our campuses offer services in orthopedics, joint care, behavioral health, cancer care, and neurology. We have been recognized as a top performer on Key Quality Measures. Our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Respiratory Therapist PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Apply on company website