Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Develop and executes annual category business plans including category specific roles, strategies and tactics as well as overall marketing goals and objectives.
- Work closely with operations to ensure effective execution of all programs through frequent store visits, in store training and weekly communications.
- Establishes pricing and margins for assigned categories. Completes competitive price surveys, and looks for Price Optimization opportunities.
- Responsible for product assortment, merchandising, planograms, placement, item deletion and store layouts for assigned categories.
- Coordinates and implements monthly promotions.
- Analyze customer and market research data and reports of assigned categories.
- Coordinates and tracks testing of new products/equipment. Publishes results and recommendations.
- Secures and administers rebates and allowances. Reconciles rebates on a quarterly basis.
- Maintain external vendor relations by providing direction, guidance and information.
- Analyze Monthly Sales data and prepare category analysis.
- Negotiate product cost with regional vendor partners.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Additional projects as required by the Director of Merchandising & Marketing
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 5+ years' experience in retail marketing or operations preferred.
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Takes initiative and works independently as well as within a team environment.
- Strong analytical and organizations skills.
- Proficient in all Microsoft programs including Excel
- Ability to communicate, verbal or written in a professional and positive demeanor with associates, vendors, customers and clients.
- Ability to travel to store locations as needed (Expected Travel 25-40%)
- A current valid driver's license with a clean abstract is required.
The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (the ADA) and all state and local disability laws. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the ADA and certain state or local laws as long as it does not impose an undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company's Human Resources Representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Click below to review information about our company's use of the federal E-Verify program to check work eligibility:
Apply on company website