ABOUT THE DIRECTOR EUROPE DIGITAL PRODUCTS POSITION:
Lead the product development, management, and value delivery on Circle K's digital products with a targeted focus on (1) CREATING a strategy and vision for the entire life cycle of the digital product portfolio to bridge the digital (online) and physical worlds (stores), enabling customers to engage with the brand across multiple channels seamlessly while (2) DRIVING significant functionality for Circle K's digital products, inclusive of Circle K's owned platforms by translating business needs into product requirements; and (3) BUILDING the infrastructure (People, Process, Tools) and capabilities in conjunction with key internal partners (Technology, Store Operations, Customer Experience, Design, Marketing, Fuel, etc.) to accelerate our efforts and inseminate an organic acceptance of digital experience best practices across Europe. You will collaborate with several departments to deliver differentiated and unified digital experiences and structure required to scale digital platforms. We will look to you to establish a high-performing team defining roles and responsibilities for all positions. Finally, as the company's chief steward of Europe digital products, you will work to eliminate silos, provide regional governance, establish guidelines that direct best practices across all prioritized digital platform activities, and capitalize on customer generated data. This role is a regional position supporting, regional, and cross-functional groups based in Warsaw, Copenhagen or Oslo reporting to the Global Director, Digital Platforms.
- Define digital product strategy and prioritize/manage the digital product portfolio and backlogs into a multi-year roadmap that delivers highly effective experiences designed to materially benefit the business and customers.
- Translate business needs into product requirements.
- Illustrate a profound knowledge of the customer, business value and product expectations.
- Communicates with the business stakeholder to define their vision and requirements for the final product.
- Prioritize requirements and maintains careful documentation to ensure all the product requirements are met and the final product serves the function for which it was intended.
- Product Lifecycle Management: Oversee the strategic and daily activities throughout the entire product life cycle
- Prioritization: Manage new products and the road map backlog. Sequencing items to best achieve goals and missions. Work tirelessly to provide transparency, visibility, and consistent communication to all, aligning on what next. Set priorities for the development team.
- Business Acumen: Influence, Access value of business opportunity; Enroll and gain buy-in via inclusive and compelling data/presentations
- Team: Grow, manage and develop an engaged team by supporting and coordinating their work.
- Determine key capabilities, investments, and resources needed to support these initiatives and business planning processes.
- Lead, manage, and direct all aspects of the Circle K proprietary digital platforms (e.g., Mobile App, Web, eMobility and Digital Screens). Own the strategy, create, and set high-level priorities, and drive implementation. Maintain operational ownership of prioritized initiatives designed to position Circle K to win at customer critical moments along the path to purchase.
- Structure presentations and evangelize vision and strategy throughout the organization, partnering with key cross-functional stakeholders and leaders (store operations, marketing, merchandising, IT, Finance & shared services) to get alignment and buy-in.
- Lead the operation, launch, and scale of new and/or expanded digital platform initiatives. Size those business opportunities and tie them to the overall vision and business plan.
- Champion a customer-centric and data-driven approach that incorporates customer insights, feedback, and best practices into all digital product retail experiences.
- Identify blockers to success, problem-solving, and working to resolve cross-functional challenges. Successful outcomes will empower allies throughout the organization to drive toward a common goal.
- Lead, direct, and coach your team to effectively develop and execute against key initiatives.
- Own and manage digital platform solutions and other tools, methodologies, and analytics.
- Provide thought leadership, innovation, and process optimization initiatives such as implementing digital experience software solutions and other industry digital experience best practices.
- Bachelors or Advanced degree.
- Seasoned professional with 10+ years of digital product development experience: digital marketing, content management operations, or product management optimization. Retail experience is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in digital product development managing teams and executing large digital marketing projects: discovery to fulfillment, go-to-market plans and P&L ownership.
- 10+ years of customer experience, product management, digital marketing, brand management, consulting, or related is a plus.
- Profound understanding of how to link strategy to financial plans/business cases.
- Demonstrated sound business judgment and decision-making skills, ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives.
- Track record of consistently driving growth, creating processes, launching new capabilities, and successfully managing cross functional project teams.
- Passion for delighting customers through a superior customer experience that exceed customer expectation.
- Led, engaged, and retained a team of four or more direct reports.
- Loves being part of a team. Seeks, forges, and cultivates effective relationships to motivate and maximize cross-functional teams' engagement and productivity.
- Strategic and analytical thinker with exceptional execution and problem-solving capabilities.
- Knowledgeable of digital experience technologies and tactics, especially in Product Development, CMS, PIM, DAM, and MDM software.
- European experience with a deep understanding of the European economy.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WOULD BE:
Experienced Digital Products Leader -- Seasoned leader with an exceptional track record of translating business needs into optimized digital products while managing a digital product portfolio and related backlogs. Demonstrated capability to develop strategies and execution plans that have resulted in ambitious digital goals achievement across geographies, customers, and categories. A leader in digital product development with proven ability to while delivering an optimized customer journey and experience while leading and building high-performance teams.
Exceptionally Competent Capabilities Builder -- Strong track record in building the necessary capabilities, teams, technology, processes, and metrics to support digital products/experiences throughout the region. Expertise in enabling organizations to succeed in digital product development. You know what enablers and ways of working models are required to compete today and outpace the competition in the future. Passion and repeated success in leading teams to identify dependencies, address roadblocks and identify trade-offs along the product life cycle/journey. Extensive management experience leading all facets of product development while building trusted business relationships to deliver the strategic digital road map. Capability building is one of your superpowers.
Accomplished Collaborator-- Able to get things done without formal authority or reporting relationships, working across functions seamlessly, geographies and levels to get things done. Embraces and known for building trusted business relationships to deliver business value. Operates everyday with a “OneTeam” mindset.
Apply on company website