Based out of Tempe, Az will cover areas for Southern California.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS FOR REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
- Prepares Market Development Plans by segmenting markets into smaller trade areas; rides areas and identifies a growth plan for each area that includes targeting parcels for new stores and competitive stores to acquire.
- Provides data and guidance for Financial Analyst to run financial models (in coordination with operations management, fuels management and construction management, etc.) to qualify new sites for lease or purchase.
- Negotiates Purchase contracts with sellers and leases with Landlords.
- Prepares real estate proposals and contracts for management approval.
- Provides guidance and support to Real Estate Coordinator on organizing real estate market tours for bulk acquisition projects, periodic market reviews and new to industry projects. Compiles site ride material and market summaries.
- Assists Real Estate Director to oversee due diligence, entitlement activity, beer and wine applications, escrow closings, including meeting with government officials and public hearings. Assists in coordinating with architects, engineers, attorneys and other consultants. Works closely with internal management team to design projects.
- Ensures compliance with requirements, policies and regulations.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business or related field preferred
- 1-3 years' experience in General Commercial Brokerage, Development, Finance or Corporate Real Estate Management with emphasis in Commercial/Retail/Fuel/Fast Food/C-Store industries.
- Demonstrated ability to purchase and develop retail location.
- Knowledge of West Coast Real Estate markets to include California, Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Nevada.
- Working knowledge of broker networks, market valuations for real property and leasehold investments.
- Strong team orientation with excellent interpersonal skills and able to work in a busy environment with multiple changing priorities and deadlines. Must be willing to adapt to the changing responsibilities of the position. Self-motivated, self-directed individual with strong organizational skills required.
- Requires travelling primarily in the region assigned, including some overnight travel. (50% of Travel)
- Previous experience in gasoline retail management desirable.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel required.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Mapping and Demographic software desirable.
- Requires a driver's license and a good driving record.
Circle K is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (the ADA) and all state and local disability laws. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the ADA and certain state or local laws as long as it does not impose an undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company's Human Resources Representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Click below to review information about our company's use of the federal E-Verify program to check work eligibility:
Apply on company website