We are looking for Oracle PL/SQL Developer building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications. You will be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications.
These are basic qualifications that the candidate must have in order to be considered for the posted position. This includes but is not limited to:
· Degree-specific requirements – High School, Bachelors, Masters, or Doctorate Degree, etc.
· Total of 6+ years of experience is required
· Candidates should be open to work out of NYC, NY
“Cognizant will only consider applicants for this position whom are legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship (H-1B, L-1B, L-1A, etc.).”
Proficiency with fundamental languages such as Oracle PL/SQL
Familiarity with creating Procedures , Packages , triggers.
Proficiency with server side languages such as Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, Unix, and Performance Tuning
1. 6+ years of hands on experience in Oracle PL/SQL.
2. Proficient in writing complex SQL queries and PL/SQL objects.
3. Proactive and able to independently handle assigned tasks.
4. Hands on experience in performance tuning.
5. Good to have exposure to Oracle Forms, Reports.
Strong commitment to quality
Understanding of the full application life-cycle from inception through maintenance
Solves new and/or familiar problems independently and without introducing regressions
Strong oral and written communication skills
Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
Technical SkillsSNoPrimary SkillProficiency Level *Rqrd./Dsrd.1Oracle Database PL/ SQL TstngPL1Desired2Oracle Data Relationship mgmtPL1Desired3Oracle Data qualityPL1Required4Oracle Data Integrator(ODI)PL1Required5Oracle Database AdministrationPL1Required
* Proficiency LegendsProficiency LevelGeneric ReferencePL1The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.PL2The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects.PL3The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects.PL4The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Jul 26 2019
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Apply on company website