The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
>>>Only CSN students who have accepted their CSN Student Employment Award Offer may apply.<<<
For Semester/Term: Fall 2022
Hiring Department: Centers for Academic Success
Location: Charleston Campus
What We Do: CAS provides quality academic assistance to a diverse college population through several academic support services such as Writing Center, Math and Science Resource Centers, Communication Labs, Reading Centers and Tutorial Services.
Our Services Benefit: CSN Students and Staff
- Answering and transferring calls on multi-line phone
- Retrieving and responding to voicemails
- Filing paperwork, data entry, and archiving old files
- Assisting walk-in students
- Participating and assisting in campus events
- Additional duties as assigned
Employee will greet all students and help them to sign in. Employee will check student sign-in sheets and give them to Tutors/Assistants. Employee will keep rotation of tutors if working in the Writing Center or Math Resource Center. Employee will manage student's expectations. Employee will answer phones professionally. Employee will answer student questions to the best of their knowledge. Employee will enter data into the computer. Employee will assist Administrative Assistants. Employee will file documents physically and electronically. Employee will clean and organize the work space as needed. Employee will make copies and scan documents. Employee will work on special projects during free time.
Work Experience in our Department supports the following Degree/Certificate Programs:
Our department supports students in all degrees/certificate programs
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Be friendly, outgoing, and willing to learn; have a good understanding of diverse multicultural environments; be able to follow directions and communicate well; have knowledge of Microsoft Office systems; be punctual, reliable, and trustworthy.
Exceptional communication skills, organization and multi-tasking skills, basic computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel and data entry.
Work Hours per week: 25
Hourly Rate of Pay: $10.50
To be considered for this position, you must upload the following documents to your application:
- Cover Letter
- Resume/CV: List a detailed description of the major duties you performed as part of each job. You must demonstrate that you qualify for the position and your education and experience must be clearly documented
- Proof you've received the Student Employment Award. You may provide either:
a. A copy of your latest CSN Award Notification showing the Student Employment Award. This can be found in your CSN email or in your MyCSN Communication Center
b. A screenshot of your accepted award for the appropriate semester from the “View/Accept Financial Aid” screen in your MyCSN.
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.
Offer and acceptance of a Work Study Award are not a guarantee of employment. Wages under this position are paid from Work Study awards administered by the CSN Financial Aid Department. To maintain eligibility, students must
- Show a financial aid eligible major (degree or certificate program) declared with the CSN Office of the Registrar, and
- Meet Financial Aid Satisfactory Progress after each semester/term to qualify for employment within the academic year, and
- Show degree compliant enrollment for each semester/term for which funding is desired.
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credits and meet additional eligibility requirements of the Silver State Regents Service Program for summer semester/term employment.
Posting Close Date11/11/2022
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
Apply on company website