SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a Certified Surgical Tech? In the Ambulatory Surgery Division, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million to our incredible team members over the course of three years.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. With the Ambulatory Surgery Division, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family's needs. Some of the unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as an Certified Surgical Tech where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
As a Certified Surgical Tech, under the direction of a Registered Nurse, you will contribute to the company's mission and vision by assisting with the provision of safe and effective nursing care in accordance with a defined scope of practice within the operating room. This may include: direct patient care and observation, scrubbing and assisting the surgeon at the operative field, surgical room turnover between cases, collection and recording of pertinent clinical data in the medical record and consistent collaboration with the Registered Nurse in clinical decision making.
What you will do in this role:
- Demonstrate necessary practical, technical, or specialized skills required for the role of the surgical technician in accordance with the Association of Surgical Technologists
- Assist in preparing the operative suite for surgery by checking and gathering supplies, equipment, and instruments
- Ensure that surgical asepsis is maintained in the handling of instruments, sponges, sutures, drains, needles, and dressings
- Assist in the turnover of the operating room suites between cases, disposing of trash and linens, and cleaning of equipment and environmental surfaces
- Prepare procedure room for use the following day by bringing in equipment, setting up, "pulling cases" accurately, and reporting to supervisor items that are needed and not available
Columbia Oakwood Surgery Center is a proud a provider of ambulatory surgical care in Round Rock, Texas. Today, we offer a state of the art facility and the newest technologies in our eight operating rooms and three procedure rooms. Performing around 800-900+ cases a month, our specialties include orthopedics, urology, ophthalmology, podiatry, ENT, GYN, dental, pain, oculoplastic, retina, endoscopy, plastics and general surgery. We are AAAHC accredited and a top revenue producing surgery center for HCA/St.David's Healthcare, who has been named one of the world's most ethical companies by Ethisphere since 2010.
Our center is conveniently located near the interstate making your commute easy.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Market Manager of Facilities and Life Safety opening. We promptly review all applications.
Qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program (preferred)
- Surgical Tech Certification
- One year experience in an operating room setting (preferably in an ambulatory surgery center)
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program as required per facility practice and state regulatory requirement; otherwise preferred
- Valid BCLS Certification upon employment ***Online certification not acceptable
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website