Wire Transfer Operations Manager
The Wire Transfer Operations Manager position has direct reports and is responsible for the day-to-day operations in the wire room from 8:00 am EST to 5:00 pm EST. This position is responsible for managing directly and through subordinates all operational activities needed to support the processing of domestic/international wire transactions, customer service, and OFAC monitoring.
Position Core Values
Successful incumbents have strong Customer-centricity, are Collaborative, have high Integrity, strive for Excellence, are Agile, promote Diversity and are involved in our community.
- Manage the payments and risk associated with processing, settling, and clearing of 250,000+transactions per month with a total value of $130+ billion.
- Provide quality and timely customer service for Comerica's Business, Retail and Wealth Management customers.
- Monitor and act upon production demand through use of capacity models and key performance and risk metrics; apply fact-based corrective actions to ensure consistent and quality execution.
- Ensure department compliance to key regulatory and enterprise risk requirements through sound execution of operational procedures and ongoing staff development.
- Continually evaluate effectiveness of operational controls; develop appropriate mitigation plans where points of failure are identified.
- Provide leadership for critical risk management activities, including daily OFAC review and case management, to ensure compliance with key regulatory requirements.
- Actively manage business unit risk management needs, including participation in internal, external, and other risk exams, evaluation of procedures and execution of quality reviews and self-audits.
- Produce daily and monthly reporting of key performance and risk metrics.
- Provide direct and independent management for the human resource aspects of the GFT group. This responsibility includes selecting, motivating, developing, and retaining high performing talent, performance management, HR policy/procedure training and other HR activities.
- Provide input to the department budget and business plan.
- Serves as a key contact for all Comerica markets and clients.
- Travel will be required between Livonia and Auburn Hills.
- Detail oriented
- Problem solving
- Strong organizational skills
- Customer Service/Client focus
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications -- Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point
Apply on company website