Job opportunity position: TEMPORARY FULL TIME SUPPORT WORKER II - TREATMENT (Expected duration of up to one year)
Region: Specialized Resource Homes
Community Living Toronto, one of the largest agencies of its kind in North America, is a dynamic innovative organization committed to a vision of promoting a welcoming community. As a leader in the field, Community Living Toronto offers supports to over 6,000 individuals within an intellectual disability as well as support to their families, including residential and day support, assistance with employment, community support, early childhood services and respite.
Post-secondary education with focus on Social Services or Developmental Services is required and knowledge of health-care procedures and mechanical equipment – wheelchairs, lifts, G-tubes and other specialized equipment is required. Post-secondary education in non-related field will require an additional minimum of 1 year of related work experience. Successful completion of internal legislated and mandated training is required. Valid driver's licence is an asset.
Supporting individuals in all aspects of daily living while working as a part of an inter-professional team including an ABA lead and Behavioural Services Consultant to directly implement all aspects of the behavioural intervention/support plan. A strong emphasis is placed on building capacity to function in the community.
Under the general supervision of a program supervisor, this position is responsible for:
• Identifying program needs of individuals supported, participating in the development and implementation of life plans, assisting in monitoring achievement of personal outcomes.
• Providing case management to individuals on caseload, providing appropriate personal and physical care including medication administration, crisis response, advocating on behalf of individuals supported and liaising with family, medical and other professionals and other service providers to address needs.
• Devising and providing life skills training and emotional support to individuals supported on a one-on-one or group basis and referring to professionals when necessary.
• Maintaining documentation, monitoring finances, ensuring an appropriate standard of living and assistance with locating housing for individuals supported.
• Providing direction to part-time staff as required.
Hours of work:
150 hours over 4 weeks
$46,037.00 to $50,653.00 per annum
Apply to this job