Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At Valley Regional Medical Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) RN PRN and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.Benefits
Valley Regional Medical Center offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our RN PRN opening and continue to learn!
What You Will Do In Your Role:
- You will be responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients presented to the Emergency Room.
- You will be responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for the Emergency Department and managing all assigned personnel, supplies and equipment.
- You will participate in activities to plan, measure, assess and improve the quality of patient care.
- You will routinely provide triage assessment for patients presenting for treatment.
- You will provide intervention in emergency, life-threatening situations.
- You will assume the responsibility of charging the department, as needed.
What qualifications you will need:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Trauma Nursing Core Course must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Registered Nurse
- Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course, or PALS Pediatric Adv Life Supt must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Bachelors Degree, or Associate Degree
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Founded as Valley Community Hospital in 1975, Valley Regional Medical Center proudly serves Brownsville, TX and the surrounding communities in the Rio Grande Valley. Valley Regional Medical Center is a licensed 215+ bed facility with over 200 physicians representing 25+ specialties. From emergency medicine, to diagnostic imaging services, and caring for newborn babies, Valley Regional Medical Center is the hospital that families count on when they are looking for quality healthcare close to home. We are a designated Advanced Level III Trauma Center and an Advanced Primary Stroke Center. Our Heart and Vascular services include a full-range of cardiac services including minimally invasive and open-heart surgery, cardiac cath lab, heart imaging services and more. Our womens department includes labor, delivery and recovery in a home-like setting. We also have a C-section operating room on standby 24 hours a day and a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit equipped with specially trained staff. Innovation and an unwavering commitment to patient care are the cornerstones of our hospital. Come experience our family centered culture at Valley Regional.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as o... Please click HERE to view full job description.
Apply on company website