Do you have the career opportunities as a Medical Surgical Ortho Registered Nurseyou want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. Davids Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
The Orthopedic unit is a 25-bed unit at SDMC, that specializes in providing high quality care and top rated customer service. Partnered with the SDMC Total Joint Center, a large portion of our patient population are patients who have elected to undergo total hip and knee replacements. Population also includes fractures, total shoulder and ankle replacements. This is truly a unique patient population that is involved, motivated, and highly appreciative of the care they receive!
At St. Davids Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Repayment Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
As a Medical Surgical Registered Nurse Orthopedic unit (RN), you will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, and implementing and evaluating care. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, you will work collaboratively with the other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care.
- You will formulate a plan of care, revise the plan based on the patients response to treatment and regularly evaluate plan for effectiveness
- You will consult and collaborate with an interdisciplinary team to develop, evaluate and revise the plan of care to meet the patients needs and goals
- You will administer medications and complete treatments according to hospital policy
- You will delegate work appropriately to non-licensed staff in accordance with standards of practice
- You will provide pre- and post-operative patient care
- You will provide education materials to patients and families on care and treatments
- You will facilitate discharge plans in collaboration with the care team
St. Davids Medical Center is a full-service medical center offering comprehensive medical care at three locationsSt. Davids Medical Center, Heart Hospital of Austin and St. Davids Georgetown Hospital.
Located in Central Austin, St. Davids Medical Center includes a 426-bed acute care hospital and a 64-bed rehabilitation hospital providing comprehensive inpatient and outpatient care. It is home to the internationally renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St. Davids Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The hospital provides a complete range of womens services, including its acclaimed maternity unit, maternal-fetal medicine, a high-risk maternal and neonatal transport team, the regions largest Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and The Breast Center; complex surgical services; a comprehensive Bariatric Surgery Center; and a 24-hour emergency department.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Med/Surg Ortho RNopening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Experience in an acute care setting preferred
- Associate's degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited nursing program
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David Healthcare policy
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification... Please click HERE to view full job description.
Apply on company website