The RN demonstrates excellent customer service performance in that his/her attitude and actions are at all times consistent with the standards contained in the Vision, Mission and Values of Covenant and the commitment to Keeping our Promise of Caring. This individual is responsible for practicing professional nursing activities in accordance with the planned programs of the agency and Michigan licensure regulations. Responsible for Home Care Technician and Licensed Practical Nurse supervisions.
• Responsible for coordination of patient care with other members of the home care team. Provides problem solving skills to assist in coordination of daily scheduling.
• Functions as case manager to coordinate continuity of care utilizing inter and intra agency resources.
• Supervises and directs activities of Home Care Technician and Licensed Practical Nurse.
• Assists in orientation of personnel and serves as preceptor for nursing students.
• Identifies physical and psychosocial problems through assessment and evaluation of the client and medical record review. Develops, implements, and revises the client's Plan of Treatment as necessary to work toward expected outcomes and goals.
• Utilizes the nursing process to provide skilled nursing care and prescribed treatments.
• Teaches clients and caregivers appropriate care procedures and health management measures with gradual transference of responsibilities.
• Evaluates the client's condition, teaching and training activities in self administration of medications given intravenously, subcutaneously, or intra spinally, and direct provision of nursing care including: access the environment including safety, adequate refrigeration, storage, and cleanliness:
• Initiate the Plan of Treatment and necessary revisions;
• Administer infusion therapy according to physicians orders;
• Perform venipunctures and insertion of intravenous needles and catheters;
• Prepare infusion solutions with the additions of medications;
• Initiate monitor and terminate infusion solutions and additives;
• Establish flow rates (if not done by the physician);
• Initiate appropriate preventive nursing procedures;
• Prepare clinical and progress reports
• Provide service in accordance with reimbursement, ethical and legal guidelines;
• Informs the physician and other personnel of changes in the client's needs;
• Evaluate client total care needs on an ongoing basis;
• Trains client and caregiver;
• Assess the ability of client or caregiver to manage when staff is not present;
• Plans for the client's discharge from service;
• Evaluates and manages client calls during “on call” rotation in an efficient and effective manner.
• Maintains chart records and completes documentation in accordance with agency requirements and procedures.
• Participates in staff meetings and serves as member of agency committees and task forces.
• Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement program.
• Participates and assists with agency's educational programs.
• Evaluates own performance and plans for continuing professional growth.
• Participates n procedure and policy formation.
• Demonstrates excellent customer service.
• Contributes to organization success targets for patient satisfaction and net operating margin.
• Represents agency in a professional manner and participates in case finding.
• Current licensure with Michigan State Board of Nursing.
• BCLS certification
• Valid Michigan driver's license.
• Two years experience in clinical nursing.
• Homecare experience preferred, but not required.
• Knowledge of current nursing practice. Ability to relate positively to patients, families and co-workers. Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English. Second language is desirable but not required. Knowledge of basic computer programs.
• Valid Michigan Driver's License.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
• Comfortable with the use of computer program, and other software systems used within the VNA system.
• Problem solving skills.
• Ability to type.
• Successful ability to access any type of a private residence.
• Reliable transportation and proof of Insurance.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Frequent standing, walking, lifting, carrying, stooping, kneeling, twisting, reaching, handling, finger dexterity, feeling, talking, hearing, tasting/smelling, near vision, midrange vision, far vision, depth perception, visual accommodation, color vision, field of vision.
Frequent lifting up to 50 lbs.
Occasional sitting, pushing, pulling, climbing, balancing, crouching, squatting, crawling.
Occasional lifting up to 100 lbs. or more.
NOTICE REGARDING LATEX SENSITIVITY IN APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT.
It has been determined that Covenant HealthCare cannot provide a latex safe or latex free work environment at any of its facilities. Unfortunately, that means that any individual, including an applicant or an employee, is likely to be exposed to latex while on Covenant's premises. Therefore, latex tolerance is considered to be an essential function for any position with Covenant.
Apply on company website