FULL TIME BENEFITED
This role will serve as the IT liaison to the Patient Safety & Quality Department, Covenant Healthcare Partners, Covenant Medical Group, and Hospital Clinical Services Departments for initiatives pertaining to Patient Safety and Quality. As the Program Administrator for Quality and Performance Improvement you are responsible for understanding quality metrics (Example: ACO, BCBS P4P, HEDIS, MIPS, BCBS Quality Collaborative, Core Measures, CMS Quality Indicators, VBP, eCQM, Meaningful Use, Promoting Interoperability, Board Approved Quality Metrics, etc.) and identifying ways to automate data abstraction, provide mechanisms to monitor performance through dashboards and reporting, and advising on and implementing IT tools to improve performance.
This role will support the Project Management Office (PMO) in its functions to plan, budget, document, and oversee Quality and Performance Improvement IT projects. You will be assigned specific projects to manage as well as responsible for achieving in-depth knowledge of software and functionality to support quality and performance improvement initiatives.
This person will work closely with the rest of the PMO team, Clinical Leadership, IT management, and IT EMR Analyst Teams to ensure that the scope and direction of each project is on track. Although this position reports to IT, there will be a dotted line reporting relationship to the Director of Patient Safety and Quality ensuring resources are focused on supporting Quality and Performance Improvement initiatives.
The Program Administrator – Quality and Performance Improvement will demonstrate excellent customer service performance in that your attitude and actions are at all times consistent with the standards contained in the Vision, Mission and Values of Covenant HealthCare and the commitment to Extraordinary Care for Every Generation.
· Support the administrative functions of the PMO, including but not limited to project updates, reporting, leadership dash boards, software configuration, documentation and educational needs
· Will need to coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of projects
· Work within IT governance structure to prioritize, approve, schedule, initiate, and execute projects
· Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
· Ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
· Develop a detailed project plan, where necessary, to monitor and track progress
· Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
· Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
· Report and escalate to management as needed
· Successfully manage the relationship with all stakeholders
· Perform risk management to minimize project risks
· Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
· Develop dashboards and reporting to enable real-time and retrospective analysis of quality and performance improvement metrics.
· Serve on Lean VSA and RIE events.
· Build and optimize Epic systems.
· May be asked to participate in following committees:
· QSC – Quality Steering Committee
· Sepsis Steering Committee
· Falls Team
• Bachelor's degree required. Masters preferred.
• A minimum of 5-years leading projects and / or individuals or 2 years of Leadership experience required.
• Minimum of 5-years' experience with vendor software and its operations preferred.
• Project Management Institute (PMI) and Epic certification preferred.
• Must become and maintain Vendor certification in respective application within 6-months of attending first Vendor course.
• Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ)
• LEAN certification preferred
• Proven experience leading teams/initiatives/projects
• Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software and web technologies
• Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Must demonstrate ability to work independently as well as in small or large teams
• Demonstrates the ability to resolve problems timely and effectively
• Must be detail oriented and have a skill for information probing to fully understand the underlying needs that drive projects or cause roadblocks
• Must be approachable and have the ability to deal positively with employees at all levels of the organization
• Sound decision making ability
• Protects and maintains the confidential nature of information
• Ability to consistently meet assigned deadlines for projects
• Ability to manage complex projects and assign / monitor tasks of others on application teams
• Must demonstrate a positive and enthusiastic attitude
• Ability to accept and adapt to change
• Demonstrate creativity and innovation to improve work processes
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Ability to maintain punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards
Frequent standing, walking, sitting, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, and near vision
Occasional reclining, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, squatting, crawling, twisting, reaching, far vision, and depth perception.
Occasional lifting up to 10 lbs.
NOTICE REGARDING LATEX SENSITIVITY IN APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT.
It has been determined that Covenant HealthCare cannot provide a latex safe or latex free work environment at any of its facilities. Unfortunately, that means that any individual, including an applicant or an employee, is likely to be exposed to latex while on Covenant's premises. Therefore, latex tolerance is considered to be an essential function for any position with Covenant.
Apply on company website