Multiple positions available
The role of the Transport Assistant includes transporting patients and medications to and from multiple hospital departments. The Transport Assistant demonstrates excellent customer service performance in that his/her attitude and actions are at all times consistent with the standards contained in the Vision, Mission and Values of Covenant and the commitment to providing Extraordinary Care for Every Generation.
- Has clinical and social contact with patients, including all age groups, and is able to appropriately assess, care for and treat them according to the guidelines as defined by Covenant HealthCare.
- Transports patients equipment, specimens and the delivery of pharmacy medications to the various departments and Nursing Units in a safe and timely manner.
- Uses proper body mechanics in transport of all patients and equipment.
- Uses proper technique in handling and transporting IV poles, oxygen, catheters, medications, and other patient equipment.
- Assists in transferring patients on and off stretchers, wheelchairs, and exam table.
- Answers phones, transfers messages, and performs filing and other clerical duties.
- Fills oxygen tanks as needed.
- Cleans equipment such as stretchers and wheelchairs.
- Initiates repair orders for any broken or malfunctioning equipment.
- Assists with answering call lights, passing waters, and linens in designated work area.
- Returns equipment to designated areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous experience in a health care environment preferred.
- BLS Heart saver required within 90 days of hire.
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Sound judgment in handling confidential or sensitive issues and material.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to maintain punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, near vision, midrange vision, far vision, depth perception, visual accommodation, color vision and field of visio.n
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Occasional sitting, carrying, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and squatting.
NOTICE REGARDING LATEX SENSITIVITY IN APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT.
It has been determined that Covenant HealthCare cannot provide a latex safe or latex free work environment at any of its facilities. Unfortunately, that means that any individual, including an applicant or an employee, is likely to be exposed to latex while on Covenants premises. Therefore, latex tolerance is considered to be an essential function for any position with Covenant.
Apply on company website