Start dates: January 17th, 2023 or June 12th, 2023
Locations: This program has positions available at multiple office locations across the country. These locations offer you the opportunity to work within offices that have fellow actuaries or offices that offer a larger non-actuarial colleague population. Should you accept a position in this program, we will take your preferred office location into consideration and will attempt to accommodate it. Your final work location will be shared with you closer to your start date.
• Office locations with program participants and/or a larger cohort of actuaries include: CT - Hartford, PA - Blue Bell, GA - Atlanta, KS - Overland Park, IL - Chicago, CA – Concord, and VA - Falls Church
• Office locations with larger colleague populations include RI – Woonsocket, NY – New York City, MA – Wellesley, AZ – Phoenix, CO – Denver, and MO – St Louis
CVS Health is the nation's premier health innovation company helping people on their path to better health. We are building a new health care model that is easier to use, less expensive, and puts the consumer at the center of their care.
Our Actuarial Leadership Development Program (ALDP) is a full-time rotational program that is designed to help you develop actuarial skills, accelerate your overall professional development, and provide you with the opportunity ability to positively impact the dynamic world of healthcare.
During this program you will rotate through 4 key business areas. Each 4 rotations will last 18 months and provide you exposure to some of the following areas:
• Risk Assessment: Understand the nature of specific risks and share results of analysis with management.
• Rate Filing: Compile and analyze filing data then prepare and submit necessary exhibits for regulatory filings.
• Reserve Analysis: Analyze claim data and monitor reserve levels for appropriateness and demonstrate an understanding of actuarial reserving techniques and issues.
• Planning & Forecasting: Provide technical support and analysis for planning, forecasting, and reporting process.
• Pricing, Trend & Benefit Design: Develop and recommend pricing and trend for product and/or services.
• Technical Proficiency: Develop creative technical solutions to a variety of problems. Demonstrate proficiency with spreadsheets and familiarity with database and web-based applications. Develop and implement appropriate tools and models. Develop and finalize business requirements and/or specifications for processes, tools, and systems.
Assignments are available across a variety of business units including Commercial Business, Government Businesses and Medical Economics.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• Meet educational requirements (see education section)
• Have attempted at least one actuarial exam or obtained SOA exam credit or transitional by March 31st, 2023.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
• Demonstrate strong academic performance, have passed an actuarial exam, or obtained SOA exam credit or transitional waiver
• Have leadership experience. Examples may include project leadership, workplace responsibilities, active roles in student/social organization activities, or sports
• Have experience with analytical or coding software. Examples include SAS, Python, Excel, VBA, SQL, or R
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Possess strong critical thinking and problem resolution skills
• Be resourceful and possess the ability to adapt to change
• Work visa sponsorship is available for this role. This includes participation in Curricular Practical Training (CPT), Optional Practical Training (OPT), and F-1 Visa programs
You must meet the follow qualifications:
• Be currently pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree
• Have an anticipated graduation date between January 2022 and August 2023
• Have a major, minor or concentration relevant to the position. Examples include: Actuarial Science, Analytics, Data Science, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Risk Management, and Statistics
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Apply on company website