This position can be located anywhere in the U.S.A.
Join a high-performing actuarial team supporting CVS
Health and Aetna's exciting and growing government
services pharmacy business. Primary focus is MAPD, DSNP, SilverScript PDP, with some exposure to Medicaid
and integrated Medicare-Medicaid pharmacy offerings.
This position will lead assessments of pharmacy Network strategy and performance, and evaluate the financial impacts of proposed and actual contract terms.
The colleague will:
- Lead assigned projects, manage to overall deadlines, and complete tasks independently while collaborating with others.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate across teams.
- Act as a subject matter expert on assigned projects/concepts and integrate results with work performed by others.
- Anticipate and recognize matters that materially affect financial results and develop sound, unbiased recommendations on how to resolve these matters.
- Leverage strong technical skills and critical thinking to design and achieve business solutions.
5+ years related experience.
Must be an ASA or FSA and is typically a member of the American Academy of Actuaries (or other accredited actuarial organization) able to sign state rate filings and other required actuarial certifications.
College degree or equivalent experience.
Strong communication and leadership skills.
Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with constant change.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
Prior pharmacy, Part D, Medicare or Medicaid experience
is preferred but not required.
Experience with SQL, SAS, and/or Python.
Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website