A Consultant who joins the healthcare analytics team (Analytic Consulting Services) provides CVS Caremark clients with insight to better understand their pharmaceutical data, and fact-based business intelligence necessary to make informed decisions on their key health care strategies.
Consultants working in CVS Caremark's Analytic Consulting Services interact with individuals and teams that are both internal and external to the organization. The breadth of CVS Caremark services presents an opportunity to work with multiple functional areas including sales, clinical, account management, finance, underwriting, and product marketing. Activities of a consultant typically include gaining better insight into a client's business problem to be solved; formulating a data-driven approach to solve the problem; and finally, analyzing and drawing conclusions and presenting them to the client.
An individual who joins this team will develop and/or maintain expert knowledge of the rapidly changing healthcare marketplace, pharmacy benefits management industry, CVS Caremark data warehouses and CVS Caremark programs, services and sales goals.
Successful candidates will have track record of using data analysis and business analytics to develop a deep understanding of a client's business and their health care goals. As part of the team, they will acquire and maintain a deep understanding of CVS Caremark's business, products, services and support. Using this knowledge and insight, they will provide clients with fact-based and data-driven strategic guidance on CVS Caremark products and solutions that will help meet their goals.
A candidate on this team will perform a variety of client analyses in response to specific business questions. This person then communicates those findings, including methodology and outcomes back to key business leaders of our clients. The consultative nature of the position means there is potential for a high frequency of client facing activities and meetings. This may include on-site or teleconferenced presentations as an individual or team, and written documents for assigned clients and in support of other clients.
-1+ years of overall related experience pertaining to:
- 1 + years experience in analytic skills, acting as a strategic thinker who cannot only see the "big picture", but also manage the details
- 1 + years experience in a field such as: finance, mathematics, operational analysis, statistics, epidemiology, sales and marketing research, accounting, economics or other data-driven field
- Demonstrated experience using business analytics to problem solve data-driven questions
- Ability to communicate complex analytic findings and conclusions in an easy to understand way
- Ability to collaborate with and influence clients and customers to develop analytic models, methodologies, and reports that support CVS Caremark products and services
- Experience extracting, manipulating, and analyzing Big Data (data bases containing multiple terabytes of data) and then using it to draw relevant conclusions
- Ability to appropriately prioritize competing client requests to ensure focus on highest impact activities
- Ability to conduct data analyses using basic and advanced skills in statistics and database management
- Ability to interact with others in a collegial and professional manner; leverage team resources to support assigned clients; and help foster teamwork and knowledge sharing to complete key tasks
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment and manage tight deadlines
- Occasional travel to client site to participate in client meetings may be required
Knowledge of SAS or other statistical and database software, including STATA, SPSS, R, and SQL highly preferred
- Prior experience or knowledge of pharmaceuticals or health care industry is preferred
- Experience in advanced Microsoft Excel-based modeling
- Strong presentation and communication skills with experience presenting to and fielding questions from clients
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience. Degree related to finance, mathematics, operations, statistics, actuarial science, epidemiology, marketing research, accounting, economics or other data related fields preferred.
It's a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation's premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we're pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you'll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.
Apply on company website