CVS Health, a Fortune 7 Pharmacy Innovation company, is looking for a people manager for our Kidney Care Analytics team. This growing and dynamic team focuses on developing innovative, data driven solutions for patients with or at risk of developing Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) and End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD). In this important role, you will be responsible for leading the development of solutions with moderate complexity and risk within one or more product areas. You will use your consulting skills and deep knowledge of data science to understand and recommend modeling techniques to data scientists, structure business and clinical problems into analytical solutions, define and execute measurement plans, execute with excellence now, and plan for the future (growth, hiring needs etc).
• Works with product and operational leaders to identify opportunities to implement data science/analytic solutions meet business needs
• Sets priorities and executes strategy for your team
• Manages data scientists, data analysts and BI architects to deliver high quality, timely analyses and solutions leveraging diverse datasets including medical claims, pharmacy claims, EMR, lab, imaging, device
• Sets a culture of test/learn and mentorship
1. Ten years of progressive experience in the analytics field
2. Proven team leadership and management experience, with ability to recruit, engage and develop teams with advanced degrees and diverse backgrounds and in different geographic locations, ability to allocate resources based on priority and skill level, strengths, and area of expertise; ability to train and mentor junior colleagues.
3. Solid understanding and hands on experience with a variety of analytic processes and techniques, including health economics outcomes research, measurement methodologies development, hypothesis testing, statistical significance testing, modeling and machine learning.
4. Proven ability to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with non-analytic business partners, including executive leadership, in order to elicit business needs and formulate, propose and refine analytic solutions in order to meet the business needs and to drive efficiency and effectiveness improvements and business value.
5. Excellent written and oral communication and data presentation skills, with ability to tailor the communication style to the right audience, from the analytic professional to the senior business leaders.
6. Excellent project management skills with ability to lead and engage in multiple projects and initiatives and appropriately prioritize ones' own time as well as that of the direct reports.
7. Deep understanding of the healthcare administration landscape and CVS Health business model, including patient and payer concerns, as well as the operational considerations in support of the business objectives.
8. Extensive hands-on experience with SAS, SQL, Python, R, Tableau and other data, statistical and data visualization tools and techniques, and ability to investigate and adapt emerging analytic tools and solutions into the analytic standard operating procedures.
1. Management consulting experience a plus
2. Experience and/or understanding of Chronic Kidney Disease and dialysis clinical and data landscape a plus
3. Working knowledge of one or more of the areas of CVS Health business, such as disease management, pharmacy benefits utilization management programs, population health management, medical insurance retail clinical and pharmacy.
MS degree in Analytics or Health is preferred. MBA is a plus.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website