CVS Health is looking for an experienced top-notch hands-on full stack Android developer. The applicant will be responsible for the development, maintenance and delivery of Android applications and will be an essential part of our Android team. And also define, design and ship new features on an agile team, delivering the latest and greatest applications to our consumers.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Developing, integrating and deploying Android Applications
• Should able to write efficient, well-documented code with Java/Kotlin in Android using Android Studio.
• Solid experience with OOP and design patterns, such as MVVM, MVC, Strategy, etc.
• Knowledge of Android networking and REST/JSON/XML Web Services and integration with 3rd party libraries and APIs.
• Strong Understanding of core libraries, application framework, and Android architecture.
• Experience with concurrency including Thread, Handler, Rxjava, Coroutines and scheduling techniques.
• Must have experience developing for multiple device sizes such as mobile phone as well as tablets, also including portrait & landscape.
• Experience building multi-threaded applications on Android platform
• Experience and understanding of the entire Mobile SDLC using Android SDK.
• Strong knowledge of: activities, fragments, collections, multithreading, networking, profiling, performance tuning, and offline storage.
• Work with stakeholders, including Product Management, Engineering, and UX team members to influence the android application development.
• Ability to effectively handle and protect sensitive and confidential company information.
• Good understanding of ADA and other regulatory compliances including PCI, PII and PHI.
• Promote proper implementation of Agile processes, techniques and principles
• Good Knowledge of CI/CD, build automation tools like Jenkins
• Pro-active attitude; highly self-motivated and able to work without constant oversight.
• Strong desire to build in test from the start with TDD development experience a plus
• Excellent communications skills with ability to communicate effectively in visual, verbal, and written form.
• 4+ years of experience in software development working on enterprise-class applications
• 3+ years of experience working on Android front-end development
SAFe Agile working experience
A Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent years of experience preferred.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website