This position demands that the qualified candidate be able to thrive in a highly agile and demanding environment.
• Assist the CVS Health application team with all aspects of software and database design and coding.
• Maintain legacy applications and contribute to the development of new applications utilizing various technologies – including, but not limited to: Java, Oracle, Teradata, and various Cloud technologies.
• Attending and contributing to application team, department, and corporate meetings as necessary.
• Learning the codebase and improving your coding skills.
• Writing and maintaining code.
• Working on minor bug fixes – determining the root cause, solutions, and implementation for code deficiencies.
• Monitoring the technical performance of internal systems.
• Responding to requests from the development team as well as business partners.
• Gathering information from business partners about program functionality and capabilities.
• Conducting development tests cases, executing performance and quality assurance testing, participating in code reviews.
• Possesses a learning mindset with ability to adopt to change
1+ years of prior related experience
• Basic programming experience/exposure (i.e. C, Java, Python, Shell, or similar)
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proven ability to learn new software and technologies both independently and quickly
• Proven ability to follow instructions, work in a team-oriented environment
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
• Knowledge of SQL, OS scripting (Unix/Linux/Windows)
• Experience with relational data warehouse tools (i.e. SQL Server, Oracle, DB2)
• Working knowledge of SDLC and Scrum/Agile development principles and methodologies
• Familiarity with cloud computing (Microsoft Azure, GCP, AWS)
• Bachelor's degree (Preferred majors: Math, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering or similar) or equivalent combination of education and technical IT background
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website