As the Application Development Manager you will manage - project forecasts, track projects from initiation to successful completion, and manage and coordinate the activities of internal and external technical staff. You will manage a staff of up to 10 analysts, senior analysts, and advisors; as well as consultants per project demand. The ability to manage, model and foster professional communications through the lifetime of the project is highly important.
To be successful in this role you must be able to –
• Provide project management for a project team having multiple releases for mid to large efforts (Business Service Requests (BSRs)/Projects) utilizing Scrum and CVS agile methodologies
• Assign tasks, maintain clarity and manage project documents including: detailed requirements, test plans, change control documents, status reports, meeting minutes, budget, resource plans and completion reports
• Take ownership for the overall success of the project, ensure completion and approvals of all required project artifacts, investigate, research and propose process improvement, standardize and document best practices
• Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to meet or exceed goals, work effectively with teams across geographies, be the single point of interface to all stakeholders for BSR/Project statuses
• Think and act strategically, anticipate business opportunities and changes, drive long-term strategies while maintaining a focus on short-term objectives with drive, speed, innovation and out of the box thinking
• Showcase strong leadership skills, customer and stakeholder management, strong analytical & problem solving ability while being result oriented
• Effectively use Enterprise Portfolio Management tools like Clarity and Risk management tools such as Archer and have advanced skills in Agile tools such as Rally (Agile Central), Pivotal Tracker, RTC and TFS etc.
• 5+ years' experience in a midrange or mainframe technological environment and end-to-end experience with application development & project management methodologies such as Agile, Scrum and XP
• 5+ years' experience working as a Functional Manager in an application development environment is required
• 5+ years proven experience in project management practices - planning, status reporting, issue management, risk mitigation, scope control documentation - and the use of methodologies
• PCF or other cloud platform experience.
• Experience managing EDI mapping applications such as GIS(Gentran Integration Suite), B2Bi SI(Sterling Integrator), ITXA(Information Transformation Extender Advanced) etc.
• Experience with Health Care and Claims Processing applications is preferred
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required. Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Information Systems are preferred. If not degree, two additional years of experience are required for
It's a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation's premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we're pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you'll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.
Apply on company website