This is a full-time field teleworker position that requires West Virginia residency. Travel is required 50% of the time or more, in the Eastern region of WV. Field-based travel locations may include member homes, residential treatment facilities, group homes, shelters, and detention facilities. Qualified candidates must reside in one of the following counties: Berkeley, Grant, Hampshire, Hardy, Jefferson, Mineral, Morgan, Pendleton, Preston, Randolph, and Tucker.
Schedule is Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm, standard business hours. No nights, weekends and no holidays. A flexible work schedule may be available after 6 months of service and with demonstrated performance and attendance.
The Case Manager RN (CM RN) is responsible for telephonically and/or face to face assessing, planning, implementing, and coordinating all case management activities with members to evaluate the medical needs of the member to facilitate the member's overall wellness. Develops a proactive course of action to address issues presented to enhance the short and long-term outcomes as well as opportunities to enhance a member's overall wellness through integration. Services strategies policies and programs are comprised of network management and clinical coverage policies. This position is heavy community-based with some onsite presence at Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR) offices.
• Conducts face to face member visits
• Using clinical tools and information/data review, conducts an evaluation of member's needs and benefit plan eligibility and facilitates integrative functions as well as smooth transition to Aetna programs and plans.
• Applies clinical judgment to the incorporation of strategies designed to reduce risk factors and barriers and address complex health and social indicators which impact care planning and resolution of member issues.
• Assesses information from various sources to address all conditions including co-morbid and multiple diagnoses that impact functionality.
• Reviews prior claims to address potential impact on current case management and eligibility.
• Using a holistic approach assess the need for a referral to clinical resources for assistance in determining functionality.
• Consults with supervisor and others in overcoming barriers in meeting goals and objectives, presents cases at case conferences for multidisciplinary focus to benefit overall claim management.
• Utilizes case management processes in compliance with regulatory and company policies and procedures.
• Utilizes interviewing skills to ensure maximum member engagement and discern their health status and health needs based on key questions and conversation.
• Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and effectively adapt to a fast-paced changing environment.
The typical pay range for this role is:
This pay range represents the base hourly rate or base annual full-time salary for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education, geography and other relevant factors. This position is eligible for a CVS Health bonus, commission or short-term incentive program in addition to the base pay range listed above.
In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Company's 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off (PTO) or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies.
For more detailed information on available benefits, please visit
• Must be a WV resident.
• Registered Nurse with current unrestricted West Virginia (WV) license or WV "multi-state privilege” license
• 5+ years' clinical practice experience
• 2+ years' experience with personal computer, keyboard, mouse, multi-system navigation; and MS Office Suite applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, Teams)
• Must possess reliable transportation and be willing and able to travel in the assigned region 50% of the time or more. Mileage is reimbursed per our company expense reimbursement policy.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
• Medicaid experience.
• Waiver experience
• Foster care experience
• Crisis intervention skills
• Managed care/utilization review experience
• Certified Case Manager (CCM) certification
• Case management experience in an integrated model
• Case management and discharge planning experience
• Familiarity with QuickBase
• Associate's degree in nursing or nursing diploma required.
• BSN preferred.
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website