The Hybrid Cloud Enablement organization leads the end-to-end delivery and operations of cloud services to the CVS Health enterprise.
Within HCE, the Cloud Engineering Lead is responsible for managing, developing and coaching an organization of infrastructure and software engineers that…
• implement, support and evolve cloud services and related technologies (automation technology, devOps tooling)
• participate in business/application projects leveraging those services, by building and deploying cloud/automation/devops components
• support the migration of pre-existing CVS applications and solutions to cloud
• provide operational support and problem-resolution around the clock for these technologies
• test and implement new tools and internal capabilities for managing and optimizing cloud efficiencies
• continually invest in improving the quality and cost of cloud services and tools
This role ensures that we are effectively and repeatably building out our cloud portfolio and meeting or exceeding quality and performance expectations. This leader understands cloud and devOps consumers at CVS, and aligns engineering resources and improvement plans with our overall infrastructure and customer strategies. Looking for a result-oriented Engineering Manager with the ability to work across organizations internally and externally, and with a high degree of customer focus.
• Develops knowledge of business objectives of internal customers within CVS Health, and maps this to cloud infrastructure and services plans and improvements.
• Maintains a high level of commitment to, and focus on, customer and project requirements and deadlines, allocating resources accordingly.
• Manages the pipeline and prioritization of Engineering work efforts and realigns resources accordingly to optimize delivery.
• Oversees the staffing levels, both FTE and contractors, and ensures solid development plans and training plans are implemented for colleagues to maintain currency and capability in appropriate technologies.
• Regularly reviews and adjusts team structure and role assignments (including ad-hoc team leads, focal points for key technologies)
• Ensures that all services provided by the Engineering teams are readily accessible by customers within CVS – with clear engagement processes and well-documented support information.
• Oversees Production Support capability and quality, both internally and also the support quality and responsiveness of vendors providing services to the team.
• Manages relationships with vendors that provide tools and platforms within direct accountability – tracks product/service contracts, renewals, and cost/budgetary needs and forecasts.
• Drives evaluation projects for new tools and cloud services to better support the delivery/ implementation/management of cloud/automation/ devOps platforms.
• Develops activity dashboards and reporting that captures the Engineering teams' demand and output, analyzes issues and challenges, and identifies opportunities for continuous improvement. Provides regular executive overviews of this information.
• Evaluates cost-effectiveness of products and services (both acquisition and support/maintenance) and proposes changes/improvements.
• Partners with Hybrid Cloud Delivery, Hybrid Cloud FinOps, and the broader CVS infrastructure and Security organizations to deliver identified projects, upgrades and enhancements, and plan for upcoming initiatives.
• Provides leadership and oversight, in partnership with Cloud Delivery and our 3rd-party partners, of project migrating applications to the cloud – remove blockers, achieve stated objectives & timelines.
• 10+ years general IT experience
• 5+ years of experience in Cloud technologies including IaaS, PaaS, and software-as-a-service.
• Strong understanding of virtual platforms, cloud platforms and related technology concepts and industry players (Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform).
• Containerization/Kubernetes concepts, DevOps concepts such as Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), and automation as it pertains to infrastructure delivery and cloud.
• Experience building secure environments and meeting control standards (PCI, HIPPAA, etc.).
• Proven track record of working with and managing engineering and technical teams to provide production support, deliver projects and realize change. Experience managing multiple teams/managers a plus.
• Strong financial acumen, analysis and executive communication skills.
• Experienced with vendor management, delivering through partner organizations (both SOW and contingent-worker/contractor models) and holding vendors accountable for service levels.
• Demonstrated teamwork, positive attitude and good rapport with peers and customers.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, continually changing environment.
• High-energy, creativity and inventiveness in overcoming obstacles and keeping projects on track while building customer rapport.
• Knowledge of devOps technologies such as Git, Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
• Advanced Degree
• Cloud, devOps or related technical certification
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Apply on company website