As a Data Scientist at CVS Health, you will be a critical part of a team of Data and Analytics professionals tasked with providing analytic support to the CVS 340B business. In this new role, you will interact with the organization and help address a variety of evolving needs ranging from identification of opportunities for revenue growth and optimization, client acquisition and retention, opportunities for operational optimization and cost savings. You will help plan, develop, and implement data management and analytic solutions, including identifying data, developing aggregate tables, metrics and reporting methodologies development, data visualization, design and prototyping of self-service reporting tools. Some of your key responsibilities will include:
* Developing and/or using algorithms and statistical predictive models to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes
* Performing analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve multiple and/or complex business problems utilizing advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses and broad knowledge of the organization and/or industry
* Consulting with business partners to understand their objectives, problems, and goals, develop predictive models, statistical analysis, data reports and visualization, performance metrics, and provide business centric insights and action-oriented recommendations in an easy to understand manner
* Developing and participating in presentations and consultations to existing and prospective constituents on analytics results and solution
* Anticipating and preventing problems and roadblocks before they occur
Your success will be determined by your ability to work independently, and turn data into a story that can be understood by a wide variety of audiences. You will also be tested in your ability to turn these stories into actionable business insights. The contributions you make will have a lasting impact in healthcare, helping underserved populations on their path to better health.
* At least 5 years of experience in work with data access, manipulation and retrieving data from large databases with SQL and experience with other similar data access, manipulations and statistical analysis tools like SAS, Alteryx, Tableau, etc.
* Well Developed skills for collaboration with internal and external partners
* Strong knowledge of algorithms and predictive models to investigate problems, detect patterns and recommend solution
* Strong programming skills to explore, examine and interpret large volumes of data in various forms
* Deep Understanding of advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources
* Demonstrated proficiency in most areas of mathematical analysis methods, machine learning, statistical analyses, and predictive modeling and in-depth specialization in some areas
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Physics, Engineering, or related discipline
* Master's degree or PhD preferred
* Equivalent Combination of education and experience may be considered
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website