The Database Technology Services Director will provide technology strategy, direction, management and support to business systems delivery and maintenance. Possess knowledge of industry tooling and best practices making recommendations following strategic goals. Design and deliver technical and application architecture; manage standard technical products life cycle; provide technical consulting and support to business systems delivery; deliver applied technology solutions and innovation. Provide daily management for the database administration team. Includes: education and growth opportunities for members of the team; budget; change and problem management. Display the ability to manage multi-discipline technology teams. Support includes, but is not limited to, improve, design, implement and maintain data/process models and databases including access method analysis, access methods, performance, device allocation, data organization, protection and security and statistical methods including the development and monitoring of standards and procedures affecting models, database management, design and maintenance.
• Manages Level 1 Managers and Team Leaders
• Manages budgets, plans and expenses; may have cost center responsibilities
• Stays current with technology trends and emerging leadership practices to manage product portfolio to support business needs
• Provide leadership for major projects. Make decisions and be responsible for overall project success. Initiate projects and include them as part of the annual project planning process. Ensure adequate resources are available
• Operate as a strategic leader with an ability to effectively manage a complex portfolio of strategic and tactical challenges
• Create enterprise level roadmaps which identify dependency, synergy and optimization opportunities across programs
• Be the customer's window to our organization and acts as our entry point to the customer
• Aggregates services provided to customers in product sets, develop prices for those product sets and monitors profit/loss
• 10 year's work experience that reflects experience with leadership and proficiencies in setting direction and/or managing technology environments.
• Knowledge of database administration and management, and related trends
• Build trusted and transparent partnerships between technology, business, and vendors
• Bring new ideas, insights, and knowledge, and helps drive the organization to implement new programs and solutions
• Experience in product-oriented organization and with Safe Agile
• Database Architecture experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website