Engineering Director collaborates with digital leaders, business partners and Pharmacy Ops partners to deliver Simple Dose Program and Omni Channel Hybrid Digital experiences. Also responsible for leading key functionalities of Rx Management and Branchless value stream which includes strategy and execution of unification of code base, API consolidation, security debt elimination and PCI compliance.
The essential roles and responsibilities of the role are:
• Creating the application roadmap, developing the product strategy, managing service delivery for the application portfolio, work closely with business partners to review features and functionality with a focus on continuous improvement to the entire technology portfolio.
• Developing and maintaining of business relationships, and the management of multiple and simultaneous, complex work streams or engagements.
• Leading and collaborating with middle and senior management on business development, project delivery, organizational development and thought leadership.
• Drive innovation and creative solutions to business challenges. Collaborate with business partners, external customers, and other IT functional teams to develop and publish the product roadmap. Participate with business partners in transforming strategic plans into high level IT initiatives.
• Perform the role of IT Program Owner for the large scale program size initiatives. Provide leadership and direction for product technology team accountable for product implementation, performance, service delivery and end-user satisfaction.
• Lead all phases of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Be conversant in current methodologies (SAFe Agile Development, Scrum Development, Extreme Programming, Waterfall) in determining which is most effective for the project being initiated.
• Planning, estimating, provide day-to-day management, leadership, direction and administration across the full project Software Development Life Cycle (planning through implementation).
• Provide design oversight and design reviews, perform code reviews, test plan reviews and ensures quality assurance standards are met.
• Evaluates, monitors, or ensures compliance with laws, regulations, policies, standards or procedures associated with all aspects of project.
• Conduct program/project reviews , risk assessment, status reporting etc. Resolve Business/IT requirement issues, design constraints or roadblocks.
• Acts as a subject matter expert; provides senior level support and expertise regarding all applications within the Technology group.
• Daily management of technology staff and resources. Resource planning, scheduling, and forecasting. Provide high level management, coaching and mentoring to create an environment which encourages accountability and strong staff development; manage the hiring, training, motivating, employee evaluation, performance plan etc and retaining of top talent in the IT field both on site and in remote locations.
• 12+ years of overall IT experience with 8+ years of experience in leading or managing technology teams.
• 6+ years of experience in leading multiple development teams utilizing software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies – SAFe Agile Development, Scrum Development, Extreme Programming, Waterfall Model etc.
• Experience in leading transformational projects related to IT Architecture, Engineering, Operations, Security and Digital adoption.
• Experience in applying DevOps strategies, designs, implementations, and tools capabilities/functionalities i.e. JIRA, Rally, GIT, Jenkins – Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), Splunk, App Dynamics etc .
• Proven leadership skills around resource planning, delegating, estimating and prioritizing work.
• Excellent written ,oral communication and presentation skills, with ability to tailor the communication style to the right audience, from the engineering professionals to the senior business leaders.
• Evaluate package solutions and participate in the selection of solutions to meet business needs and architecture standards
• Experience in providing technical implementation architecture for large ecommerce and retail systems by making use of Oracle ATG ecommerce and J2EE technologies
• Extensive experience leading multiple full stack development teams (Node.js. Java)
• Demonstrate extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success emphasizing the following areas:
• Understanding of IT security and compliance remediation activities.
• Knowledge of the Pharmacy Benefit Management and/or Health Insurance Industry from an operations perspective.
• Knowledge of the Retail Pharmacy workflow and Pharmacy Ecommerce experience is a big plus.
Bachelor's degree in Information Science, Computer Science or equivalent required.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website