Fulltime - Norwich, Groton, CT area locations
The MinuteClinic Nurse Practitioner (Provider) independently provides holistic, evidenced-based care inclusive of accurate assessment, diagnosis, treatment, management of health problems, health counseling, and disposition planning for our patients, who are age 18 months and above. You will collaborate with and be supported by a dedicated team of professionals. Encounters are documented utilizing an electronic health record (EHR). MinuteClinic Providers report directly to the Senior Practice Manager.
MinuteClinic is a division of CVS Health, with locations primarily located inside select CVS Pharmacy and Target Stores. We are reinventing health care through innovation, collaboration, caring, integrity, and accountability. Our purpose is “helping people on their path to better health” through provision of high quality, accessible and affordable healthcare solutions for our patients.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
1. Patient-Centered Quality and Safety
• Evaluate primary care, acute, chronically ill, and transitional care patients, in addition to providing healthcare education and counseling, and disposition planning for our patients ranging in age 18 months and above
• Provide patient counseling; inclusive of pregnancy prevention, STI Prevention/safer sex practices, contraceptive care counseling and medication management
• Educate patients on health maintenance and respond to patient care inquiries
• Document all patient care within an EHR according to MinuteClinic policies and procedures
• Provide care and coordination of our patients with internal and external colleagues, including the broader patient centered medical home, ensuring the highest standard of care is provided for all patients and at all times
• Effectively work within a patient care team, including fellow Providers, Collaborative Physicians, para-professionals, Pharmacists and other members of the health care team
2. Customer Service Excellence
• Deliver excellent customer service
• Seek to increase patient engagement and satisfaction through integration of feedback from patients, management, and professional colleagues
• Focuses consistently on the patient to create a warm and welcoming environment
• Tailor communication style to effectively influence quality outcomes and patient needs
• Collaborate with pharmacy and front store colleagues to provide a complete patient experience
• Maintain patient confidentiality in accordance with PHI and HIPAA standards
3. Healthcare Environment Management
• Resolve conflict using appropriate management techniques
• Cultivate and maintain positive relationships among practice employees, CVS Health colleagues and external partners
• Reprioritize continually throughout the day to fulfill patient and business needs
• Support the overall patient experience, by effectively managing clinical and non-clinical duties as well as patient expectations
• Quickly adopt new service offerings and patient care models
• Adhere to the core values of CVS Health MinuteClinic in all communications and interactions
• Assist with hiring, development and evaluation of Practice employees
• Complete necessary tasks for clinic operations, including but not limited to taking inventory, following up on lab results, receiving incoming phone calls, ordering supplies and maintaining clinic cleanliness
4. Business Acumen
• Remain accountable to managing business needs including, but not limited to, budget, payroll, inventory, billing insurance, and payment collection
• Own the success of your practice through implementation of the clinic level business plan designed to meet identified business goals
• Assure complete and accurate payment for services through comprehensive documentation in the patient chart, verification of payment method (insurance, cash or combination) for each visit, and collection of payment as directed by the EMR
• Complete revenue cycle managements tasks including collecting payment at time of service for all visits and preparing nightly deposits.
• Work independently, prioritize and solve problems, take initiative, and advocate for their patients and their practice
• Actively participate in professional development through professional groups, committees within the organization and/or additional external experiences
• Maintain self-awareness and professionalism of individual actions and how they impact the clinic, practice, and healthcare industry
• Continuing education, including what is required to maintain employment at Minute Clinic, is the responsibility of the provider
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
If less than 1 year of work experience as a licensed provider, prior student precepting rotation with MinuteClinic is preferred, but not required.
• Experience with Epic.
• Previous experience in ER, Urgent Care, Primary Care, ICU or retail health is preferred.
•* If less than 1 year of work experience as a licensed provider, prior student precepting rotation with MinuteClinic is preferred, but not required.
* Experience with Epic.
*Previous experience in ER, Urgent Care, Primary Care, ICU or retail health is preferred.
*Master's Degree level Family Nurse Practitioner program with current National Board Certification and State of Employment license to practice in the Advanced Practice Nurse role required.
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Apply on company website