As a Firewall Security Network Engineer, you will participate in a team of network security experts in a 24x7 Enterprise IT Security Operations organization. You will perform activities in accordance with CVS Health Policy and security protocol. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate technical skill sets to maintain and deploy network security technologies with strong network expertise with a security mindset is critical to success in this role. High-level interpersonal skills are essential to successfully translate business requests to technology and security requirements.
The position calls for a strategic individual who understands business operations, information technology, and security and will utilize that knowledge to assist with the implementation of an effective security campaign that ensures the overall security position of CVS Health is aligned with business needs and the changing threat landscape.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Owning the enterprise infrastructure of the Network Security team, such as implementation of firewall rules, web proxy infrastructure updates, intrusion detection device policy management, wireless intrusion prevention infrastructure support and advanced malware protection
• Fixing enterprise environment network access issues, infrastructure failures, and performance degradations
• Participating 24x7 on-call rotation management for production issue resolution
• Optimizing network firewall rule sets to require minimum access necessary, in addition to optimal device processing
• Configuring, upgrading and maintaining devices to the latest code releases and performance improvements
• Collaborating with various IT and non-IT functional groups to ensure effective service delivery of secure network access for internal clients for all environments
• Anticipating network security threats and vulnerabilities to take dedicated actions to secure the enterprise environment
• Participating in infrastructure and security incident management processes to derive root cause and post-action reports
• Participating in on-site network and security audits related to PCI, SOX, HIPAA, etc. to demonstrate effective network security enterprise controls
• 5+ years of experience working in an information security or network management related field in an enterprise environment
• 3+ years of technical experience working with one or more of the following: Cisco or Techpoint
• Technical knowledge of TCP/IP, Network Routing Protocols
• Technical experience working with one or more of the following: Intrusion Prevention, Web Proxy, technologies such as: Checkpoint, Juniper, Websense, Sourcefire, AirDefense
• Highly segmented, regulated production environment experience
• Industry standard certifications
• Experience in leadership
• Experience working with IT core infrastructure - i.e. HP, IBM, CA, EMC
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, telecommunications, networking, engineering or other computer-related field of study preferred or equivalent experience required
• High School Diploma or GED required with two additional years of experience for each year of college not completed
It's a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation's premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we're pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you'll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.
Apply on company website